Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a seller for road fiberglass fairing for a gen 1 ('05)?
My ABS fairings are craking after a couple of years only (even OEM).

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,808 Posts
No. Fiberglass fairings are for racing use so they can be patched up and repaired easily when the race bike crashes. Which is expected more frequently than a street bike. They typically are built without openings for headlights/taillights, mount differently, and come unpainted.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. Fiberglass fairings are for racing use so they can be patched up and repaired easily when the race bike crashes. Which is expected more frequently than a street bike. They typically are built without openings for headlights/taillights, mount differently, and come unpainted.
It would be nice to be able to patch a road fairing too. I still don't understand why manufacturer are still using ABS.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,808 Posts
I still don't understand why manufacturer are still using ABS.
It's cheaper, easier to produce, lighter weight, easier to paint, more uniform, and there's a bigger market for replacement parts. You don't get any of that with fiberglass other than the ease of repair.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
sharkskinz used to do their bodywork with a street version, and yes you can source street fiberglass from japan still... nothing is cheap though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is there a seller for road fiberglass fairing for a gen 1 ('05)?
My ABS fairings are craking after a couple of years only (even OEM).

You can have them cut the headlight hole for you. Nicest fiberglass I’ve ever seen, they also have ABS replacement fairings. I have a set of each for my 05. I only bought unpainted bodywork, but from the looks of their work with the parts, I’m willing to bet their paintwork is real nice too.

The 05 will take a couple weeks because they have to make it from the molds, shipping is fast though.

If I ever get race glass for my Ducati, it will be from these guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts