Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members happen to be going to Road Atlanta this weekend? I'm headed out there solo this weekend and wouldn't mind meeting some members and tossing a few back (after last session of course).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Any members happen to be going to Road Atlanta this weekend? I'm headed out there solo this weekend and wouldn't mind meeting some members and tossing a few back (after last session of course).
I was supposed to go, had to cancel at the last second. There's quite a few folks from Texas that are attending. Noone on the forum I believe. A few of them are CMRA racers.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was supposed to go, had to cancel at the last second. There's quite a few folks from Texas that are attending. Noone on the forum I believe. A few of them are CMRA racers.
Sorry to hear you can't make it.. Sounds like the Texas boys might be setting the pace. We shall see. Any of them on zx10s?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorry to hear you can't make it.. Sounds like the Texas boys might be setting the pace. We shall see. Any of them on zx10s?
There will be at least one Gen 4 I believe.. his name is Doug Ross. I think he will be playing in Intermediate (he usually takes it easy on these kind of trips) he’s an Instructor with our local trackday org - Ridesmart.

If you’re going to be in Advanced Cody Stewart will be on a ZX6R.. he’s pretty fast on Texas tracks, not sure if he’s been to RA before but I am sure he will be turning good laptimes by Sunday.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
464 Posts
Gonna be on my minimoto at the Herrin Compound...

Reactions: wheelz96

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There will be at least one Gen 4 I believe.. his name is Doug Ross. I think he will be playing in Intermediate (he usually takes it easy on these kind of trips) he’s an Instructor with our local trackday org - Ridesmart.

If you’re going to be in Advanced Cody Stewart will be on a ZX6R.. he’s pretty fast on Texas tracks, not sure if he’s been to RA before but I am sure he will be turning good laptimes by Sunday.
I'll be on the lookout for them. I'll be running in Intermediate group. Thanks for the replies. What will be your next trackday?

·
Registered
119 Posts

I'll be on the lookout for them. I'll be running in Intermediate group. Thanks for the replies. What will be your next trackday?
Not sure yet, this was supposed to be a bucket list type of trip for us.. probably stick to some of the local tracks here in Texas.

I still havent ridden COTA but it’s so damn expensive. What about you?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure yet, this was supposed to be a bucket list type of trip for us.. probably stick to some of the local tracks here in Texas.

Got Barber coming up, Roebling, and back to Road Atlanta this fall. I would like to hit a few more but will see what life says.. Actually I have been contemplating taking a job in Fort Worth over the winter and the wife is optimistic about it so there is a chance we may run into each other in the big state!

·
Registered
119 Posts

Got Barber coming up, Roebling, and back to Road Atlanta this fall. I would like to hit a few more but will see what life says.. Actually I have been contemplating taking a job in Fort Worth over the winter and the wife is optimistic about it so there is a chance we may run into each other in the big state!
I have a buddy I served with in the military up in Fort Worth (Benbrook). Been thinking about crashing at his place to hit MSR Cresson one of these days. Eagles Canyon isn’t too far either.

Let me know if you come out, we can pit together at the track and if you want to come down to MSRH we can put you up.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a buddy I served with in the military up in Fort Worth (Benbrook). Been thinking about crashing at his place to hit MSR Cresson one of these days. Eagles Canyon isn’t too far either.

Let me know if you come out, we can pit together at the track and if you want to come down to MSRH we can put you up.
I'll hold you to that one day! As long as the beer in Texas is as cold as the beer in GA I don't see why we wouldn't come. I'll keep an eye out this weekend for the Texas boys you mentioned and look forward to meeting you at the track one day..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sweetwater has gotten real popular over here.. I used to drink their 420 like it was going to evaporate.

We have a few pretty good craft brews, and even our "staple" (Shiner Bock) is pretty good.

Lets make it happen!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha Sweetwater is a favorite where I'm from! Shiner Bock goes down like water as well and I have no problem drinking all day haha. I sure do sound like an alcoholic..

I'll keep you posted on any plans heading your way and do the same if you decide to run some of the SE tracks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts