Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well the wife got me tickets to the AMA Superbike race in may and well be going that saturday and sunday (may 30th & 31st)

I've never been to anything more than a local track and local racers.....

What am I in for? Anyone else attending? I will admit it I never really followed road racing so not sure whos even riding lol.

http://www.roadamerica.com/buy-tickets/superbike-doubleheader-ama-pro-racing.html

·
Registered
828 Posts
I've only been to one AMA event years ago when Mladin was still riding. Been making the flight to Indy the last several years for MotoGP. I always love going. Even my wife who has no interest in it thought it was great.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'll be there. It's a good time with lots of motorcycle people and their bikes. I will say though that the racing is not as good as it use to be.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Itll be a fun time as long as it doesnt rain on 1 of the days. Ive been going for the past 20 or so years and almost every single year it rains to some degree on either Sat or Sunday. Keep an eye out for my bike as Im sure ill be there.

Its definitely a beautiful facility though, and an amazing track. Hopefully I can make it to the 2 track days there the following Monday and Tuesday with STT.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm hoping to be out there for a couple track days at the end of the month, i've heard May is a super rainy month out there as well. It'll be good practice for learning to race in the rain though.

I'd love to make a trip out there to see some AMA racing, we'll see if the budget allows. A couple local kids will be racing, and i've been wanting to watch them in action for a while now.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I was there last year under the Kyle Wyman tent. All I can say is RA is HUGE! Lots of places to watch from. Also you can walk through the pits at any time and they do a fan walk down hot pit at lunch. Ill be under the K-Tech tent this year so swing by and say hi.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,052 Posts
I have not been to that track specifically Garth but the last AMA event I went to was the 200 in Daytona. Probably the best time I have had as far as full on access at a race goes. I got to go down on to the track and meet all of the riders along with autographed posters and plenty of pics. Im not sure what the "new" AMA will be like as far as all that goes. Im also not sure I will be at the 200 this years to find out. All in all though your gonna have a blast.

·
Administrator
6,716 Posts
Itll be a fun time as long as it doesnt rain on 1 of the days. Ive been going for the past 20 or so years and almost every single year it rains to some degree on either Sat or Sunday... Its definitely a beautiful facility though, and an amazing track.
This!

Went every year from '91-2012. Last few years have conflicted with kids graduating and other family things, but hope to make it this year. Wish they would move the weekend back to the end of June. Was hot then, but at least it didn't rain as much.

Get ready to do a lot of walking. 4 mile hilly track so unless you only want to see a few corners, you'll need to keep moving. Bikes are ok, but like I said, hilly. Every year my buddy would try to talk me into getting a golf cart, but I think they're around $250 for the weekend.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome sounds good guys! Yeah the wife and I are going to fly up for a long weekend, see some family close by hopefully and go to the track, I saw they have shifter cart rentals to, that should be fun!

·
Registered
312 Posts
This!

Went every year from '91-2012. Last few years have conflicted with kids graduating and other family things, but hope to make it this year. Wish they would move the weekend back to the end of June. Was hot then, but at least it didn't rain as much.

Get ready to do a lot of walking. 4 mile hilly track so unless you only want to see a few corners, you'll need to keep moving. Bikes are ok, but like I said, hilly. Every year my buddy would try to talk me into getting a golf cart, but I think they're around $250 for the weekend.
Do they allow pit bikes?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts