Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey anyone in here know how to rivet? I want to take apart my new fmf exhaust to have to thermal coated gloss black but not sure how to rivet it back together. I am pretty sure I have a rivet gun somewhere in my dads garage but never done it. I know how to take them off but i usually just replaced them with screws. any info will help thanks. BTW if anyone wants an FMF exhaust for the 06 10r let me know I got an extra Ti for sale $500 brand new still in box I had to buy two to get the good deal lol.PM me if interested

·
Registered
828 Posts
shenanigans said:
ya i just want the standard silver ones but i dont want them to rust or corrode at all

you need to be sure they are of the same material as the metal you are using them on. This will ensure minimal corrosion, for some reason aluminum and steel just don't do well together.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
This thread is simply riviting.... :lol: Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Yeah be sure to use the same type of metal. And the task of putting a rivet in isn't hard at all. Be sure to give it some support on the opposing side with your hand so that you can get it in there really tight.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
My fmf has bolts with allen heads. Why noy retap it and use those again?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts