Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a diagram of a servo buddy or know how it works and what components it uses? I just got a full exhaust for my first gen 10r, basically raped the wallet , and I think that its just ridiculous to pay $50+ for something that could be made for under $5 dollars. Im guessing the way it probably works is: it sends a greater value when it moves one direction and a smaller value when it moves the other direction, and thats how it fools the ecu. If anyone had any pictures, diagrams or anything that would be helpful id appreciated it. I just feel for the price id rather have the FI light on...lol. Thanks:smile:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I really wouldn't say its a rip off its only 60 bucks and its well worth it. they come with the right connectors you need and alot of people don't know how to just solder up a circuit.

I think someone posted that info online somewhere but since Ivan was a forum sponsor and it basically took money away from them it was removed or something...

I think someone on a R1 or R6 forum has the info... Try searching google...

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Just remove cables from the servo and leave it connected. Problem solved. That's what I did on mine.
:+1:..unhook the cables and zip tie them up out of the way...just be sure to zip to them to where the cables at the exhaust end will still push and pull freely.....never had any issues. it's when you unhook the actual box that throws the FI light. i wanna say i removed the cables all together now but just left the box hooked up, try plugging it back in and see if the FI light goes away? you may have to remove the neg battery cable for a few seconds and then try again to erase the code.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
:+1:..unhook the cables and zip tie them up out of the way...just be sure to zip to them to where the cables at the exhaust end will still push and pull freely.....never had any issues. it's when you unhook the actual box that throws the FI light. i wanna say i removed the cables all together now but just left the box hooked up, try plugging it back in and see if the FI light goes away? you may have to remove the neg battery cable for a few seconds and then try again to erase the code.
bingo ! thats the way i have mine done and no FI light comes on.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I ran my bike before with the cables off as long as you have the wheel thats on the box still connected you should be fine.

·
11,423 Posts
I ran my bike before with the cables off as long as you have the wheel thats on the box still connected you should be fine.
I think that's part of the key.....something with the wheel still sending a signal to the box. just unhook and remove the cables or tie the already unhooked ones up and out of the way.......then you're ready to roll and get to keep $60 in the ol' wallet!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I would just pay the 60 bucks. Less weight and time. But that is just me.

·
11,423 Posts
I would just pay the 60 bucks. Less weight and time. But that is just me.
:lol::lol: i guess you're 110% right if you need to shave that extra couple ounces or grams off the total weight. if that's the worry then just get your rotors re-cut and you'll drop pounds instead, or replace the battery. but good point all the same.:mrgreen: as far as saving time.....no, you have to unhook the cables already when installing the full system, just zip them out of the way and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
:lol::lol: i guess you're 110% right if you need to shave that extra couple ounces or grams off the total weight. if that's the worry then just get your rotors re-cut and you'll drop pounds instead, or replace the battery. but good point all the same.:mrgreen: as far as saving time.....no, you have to unhook the cables already when installing the full system, just zip them out of the way and be done with it.
In time I ment by making your own servo buddy. And garth already covered the weight. Not saying servo buddy is worth 60 bucks. But I would pay it rather than making my own.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really wouldn't say its a rip off its only 60 bucks and its well worth it. they come with the right connectors you need and alot of people don't know how to just solder up a circuit.

I think someone posted that info online somewhere but since Ivan was a forum sponsor and it basically took money away from them it was removed or something...

I think someone on a R1 or R6 forum has the info... Try searching google...
I should have selected my words differently..I'm sure it's a good product I just feel I could make it since I have a little electronic schooling. There can't be much too it since it's so small.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that's part of the key.....something with the wheel still sending a signal to the box. just unhook and remove the cables or tie the already unhooked ones up and out of the way.......then you're ready to roll and get to keep $60 in the ol' wallet!:mrgreen:
I'd like to save the weight and the money and mount my power commander in it's place so it's hidden. :mrgreen:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
The guy who makes the "servobuddy" started off just like you. He didn't want to pay the $110 Ivan charges so he made his own. Personally, I 1st ran the bike with the servo motor still plugged in with cables unhooked. Then, I bought the eliminator for more room primarily, less weight and no FI light secondly. There are quite a few trouble codes that the FI light can make you aware of. $60 is a VERY fair price for a CEL fix especially since it only turns off the exhaust servo motor code, not the others.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had the schematic somewhere. It was just a resistor and capacitor from what i remember. I'm all about giving info out for free, but Ivan did do all the R&D on his to start with so i hate to undercut him. It was less then $5 in parts if i can find the info i will post it if it is OK with the mods.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had the schematic somewhere. It was just a resistor and capacitor from what i remember. I'm all about giving info out for free, but Ivan did do all the R&D on his to start with so i hate to undercut him. It was less then $5 in parts if i can find the info i will post it if it is OK with the mods.
well i do not plan on making them and selling them or anything. I would just like to make one for myself, so i dont really think i would be shafting ivan. If you find the schematic just pm it to me. Id really appreciate it, thanks man

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Amazing!!

In time I ment by making your own servo buddy. And garth already covered the weight. Not saying servo buddy is worth 60 bucks. But I would pay it rather than making my own.[/QUO

With nothing to do today cause all the snow, i decided to get my shit in gear and get the servo eliminator figured out. after spending an hour looking at a few schematics and drawing a few diagrams i decided to make a trip to the local electronic store where everything is marked up like 50%... anyways, i spent $2.51 on parts came home soldered everything up, hooked it to the bike and fired it up. No FI light...just amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it..i love victory.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts