Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Damn, thought that tough bugger would never die.
R.I.P

He made some bad ass machines and made ford able to get into the muscle car game. He helped them tremendously. Could say same for Dodge and the original Viper.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
that is too bad. He was a shrewd businessman that know how to drive and package a car for sure.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Fox news sucks. It isn't a 6.8L engine, lol.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Ive only heard the 5.8L will be the new motor. Never heard 6.8

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
RIP.....A great loss to racing and Ford community. He was the type of guy that always pushed the envelope.

He will be missed

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
jeeze, a ledgend... Merlin with a V-8

guys, got to tell you... I know a guy who won a Shelby Mustang in a raffle last fall. It was some American Cancer Society thing or something, don't know all those details but he purchased a ticket and won. Beautiful red and white GT... just bad ass all the way... every thing Shelby could do to the GT was done, full package, all the bells and whistles... I've touched it, sat in the passenger seat.

here is the kicker... the dash is signed by Carol Shelby... I think.. don't know... it's possible... perhaps the last Shelby mustang GT ever signed by him...

man, that guy has some SERIOUS Karma, great guy... really down to earth, amazing.

if it's the last signed Shelby... jeeze...

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Inspired me with his designs through my life and even now after reading some of his personal history. His legend still lives!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
He is a legend and his contributions to motorsport and the Mustang can never be out done. RIP, Carrol

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
jeeze, a ledgend... Merlin with a V-8

guys, got to tell you... I know a guy who won a Shelby Mustang in a raffle last fall. It was some American Cancer Society thing or something, don't know all those details but he purchased a ticket and won. Beautiful red and white GT... just bad ass all the way... every thing Shelby could do to the GT was done, full package, all the bells and whistles... I've touched it, sat in the passenger seat.

here is the kicker... the dash is signed by Carol Shelby... I think.. don't know... it's possible... perhaps the last Shelby mustang GT ever signed by him...

man, that guy has some SERIOUS Karma, great guy... really down to earth, amazing.

if it's the last signed Shelby... jeeze...
Shelby's signature is on the dash of every Shelby and if the guy you know got that one and it is the last one, he has a fuckin' gem man! damn thats incredible.

I dont know how all of you guys all feel about the auto world and Muscle, but I feel strong investment to the Big 3. Ive only ever owned American. Had a Sebring, Mustang, Camaro and Duster.. My life blood is from American muscle and today has just felt like such a shitty day since I found out about Shelby. It really hit hard, REALLY hard. I know a couple people that have had the pleasure of exchanging words to knowing Carroll very personally and was unable to meet him because my schedule was too conflicting and I really regret missing such an opportunity. I dont know what else to think about all of this. Muscle has been that much better because of Shelby, he has inspired generations and revolutions in performance and innovation. The things he did for Muscle and the world that lives in my heart are unforgettable.

Im sorry for going off on a tangent guys, if you took the time to read what I had to say, thank you. I actually had a tear come to my eye every time I thought about this today and still am.

Shelby, you will never be forgotten, ever. Muscle and myself will never forget what youve done for us and I pray one day to achieve like you have for American Muscle everywhere. Thank you for so much and for how you have inspired my life. I will be lightin' up some rubber in your honor! :cry:

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
R.I.P. yet another great loss lately...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts