Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, people are on about fancy rims and stuff and how they want marchassinni and the like.... but why. Took the back tire off today coz i got a puncture. and when i cleaned the rim to my surprise on the center hub of the rim was... wait for it..... ENKEI... that's right zx10r's come stockers with Enkei rims how cool is that. So the next time some one says what rims you got just say you got ENKEI

·
Registered
290 Posts
The reason for the aftermarket wheels is for the reduction of unsprung weight for handling and acceleration.

·
Registered
656 Posts
:+1:

It's kinda like running a mile race in your work boots verses high tech running shoes.

·
Registered
616 Posts
MY oo ITCH said:
:+1:

It's kinda like running a mile race in your work boots verses high tech running shoes.
I think it is a little more like running a race in a pair of Nike running shoes verses a pair of slightly heavier off brand running shoes. There is really not that much difference but it does look cool when you are at the local hang out. All the other kids will be jealous of your shinny new Nike's!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
The benifits of aftermarket Mag or CF wheels are twofold, you have a reduction in rotating mass which frees up HP albeit minor AND the transition from right to left and vice versa is reduced which equates to an easier / quicker handling mochine.

BD

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
jstwkd1 said:
I got hard on for the BST's!........................................
Are you sure it is for the BST's and not just perpetual from your home life? :thumbsup: J/K

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
bonz said:
Are you sure it is for the BST's and not just perpetual from your home life? :thumbsup: J/K
Well I do run around with a hardon most of the time.........lol
Might have been a touch to much info!:spit:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Apparently the weight reduction is minor after installing sprocket, bolts etc. to lightweight aftermarket wheels. This kind of improvement can be important for a track racer but an average street rider will hardly notice a difference, but will get plenty of compliments at the local hangout.

·
Registered
139 Posts
jstwkd1 said:
I got hard on for the BST's!........................................

I get wood looking and wanting BSTs....also looking at your avatar!!

:lol:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Hattori Hanzo said:
Apparently the weight reduction is minor after installing sprocket, bolts etc. to lightweight aftermarket wheels. This kind of improvement can be important for a track racer but an average street rider will hardly notice a difference, but will get plenty of compliments at the local hangout.
I lost over 12 lbs going with Marvics and even on the street the improvment is HUGE

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
treyzx10r said:
I lost over 12 lbs going with Marvics and even on the street the improvment is HUGE
What do you mean by huge? The better the rider the more noticeable it will be no doubt, but for an average rider like myself i still think it won't make much of a difference, especially considering $$$ vs. benefit ratio (mind you i'm talking street riding only).

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Hanzo it has little or nothing to do with the rider but more to do with weight loss and how different the bike feels and responds to inputs that make it noticable on the street. After a few rides you become acclimated all over again and what was noticable now becomes common place. Lighter wheels also effect suspension enough to make changes so make no mistake lighter wheels even on the street is benificial.

BD

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
and how much are these lighter wheels?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Hanzo it has little or nothing to do with the rider but more to do with weight loss and how different the bike feels and responds to inputs that make it noticable on the street. After a few rides you become acclimated all over again and what was noticable now becomes common place. Lighter wheels also effect suspension enough to make changes so make no mistake lighter wheels even on the street is benificial.

BD

Ok, it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Waste of money if you're not racing for $$$. Just powdercoat your stock rims.
The money you save just enroll in a racing school, its better than blaming the bike for the poor lap time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts