Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Heros!

I recently purchased a zx10r 2017 with a modified exhaust (Arrow muffler + mid-pipe)
while riding in a normal speed (commute) with no stop-light or any other traffic interference, My right leg (Big toe area..) is getting very hot.
I'm not new to sport bikes (had a ZX10r 2015) so I know this is not a normal thing.
I'm not sure if the heat is coming from the engine or from the exhaust pipe.
does anyone encounter a slimier issue?

Appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

W_rider

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have an 2012 zx10r with the m4 Slayer. When it is 90 degrees+ out my right ankle gets scorching hot. I wear boots so not so much my toes. But any temp less then that I can't feel the heat. I would heat resist wrap your exhaust if you can't handle it. I wear tall socks as well to damper the heat. It's the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it. the thing is that it was different with my 2015 zx10r (same as your's basically) also with mid-pipe, but felt great even in hot days. now, it's different. anyhow, got 3 opinions from 3 experts here - everybody suggest to buy new shoes...:)
So, it's probably me...

·
Registered
297 Posts
mine gets nasty hot too during longer rides... just did an 800km round trip ride over the weekend and stopping at the occasional stoplights my legs/feet were getting burned up... in fact its so hot that it melted the glue in my favorite riding shoes and they started to detach from the soles.... my dash temp guage never goes over high 90s when stopped and idling full heat.... drops down to mid 80s while riding... these are on hot days, 32-35c

its not even just while stopped... while cruising as well im very aware of hot fucking hot my feet get, particularly the right one.

switching from stock exhaust to a slip on that remove the cat helped a lot, but its still really fucking hot down there.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
What's the engine temp when you feel the heat?

Two g4's and both run cool on road in 100f heat unless 1st gear, tight climbing, then never much above 203f temp for fan to kick in.

Clutch on right side; make sure that area is not smoking hot. If ok, then you're probably wearing running shoes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Scout,

normal temp (weather is about 80-90f) - engine temp is around 168-174 (higher in the city due to stop lights etc).
the fan kicks in at 203 - and lowering the temp (even with bike standing) so from that perspective - I thing we're good.
As I see it - either my shoes are the problem or the mid-pipe (the previous owner installed it) is not doing a very good in isolating the heat.
BTW - Right side is very hot - though I can't really tell if the heat is coming from the exhaust pipe or the engine..

what amazes me was the difference between my zx10r gen4 (where I could actually ride with running shows and not feel a thing) and this one which worms my entire right side + plus my ass (forgive my french)...:/

Anyway,I'll go get some shoes now... ;-)

Thank you all for your comments, you road gladiators! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts