·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Hes a member on the forum. find him, send him pm for insert and your done

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Craig: I'm the Rifleman you have heard of.

the throttle modification is one that reduces the throw of the throttle from 92' degrees to 72' degrees idle to wide open (WOT)

sit your bike, grip normally (engine off) and then twist the throttle to the pin... all out of position, wrist cranked back until the blood it cut off, elbow pointed at the ground...

soooo, would you ever try that while the bike was moving? if not, there is about 20% of your power plant this sits in reserve and is never used... Now you paid for that horse power, wouldn't you like access to it?

the 1/5th throttle mod gives you access to the full range of throttle in one grip, one comfortable twist. Everything is right there, on tap, ready to be applied.

This is accomplished by making the throttle grip actuator larger in diameter where the cabling attaches to the grip... in essence you are changing the "gear ratio" between your grip and the engine... the throttle becomes shorter and faster and slightly more "stiff" to operate.

the first few weeks are a bit tricky, it's a learning experience. Your muscles remember the old throttle positions and go to them, this means you are dialing in about 20% more throttle then before...

after a week or two on the street, or a few hot laps on the track, your muscles are tuned to the new throttle and it just feels normal.

This mod works and uses all your OEM equipment, nothing else to buy.

The mod is reversible if you feel the throttle is too aggressive.

The mod can be done by almost anyone with normal shop tools

The mod is inexpensive and very "Felt"... you will notice a difference, period.

Many people spend 100's even 1000's of dollars to increase the performance of their machine, and then leave 15% of the power... unused.

Shoot me a PM and we can get the process started, I ship orders twice a week, i'll get you hooked up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ill vouch for riflemans product, There is no play in my throttle now and can pin my bike without getting out of position now. Feels like I gained like 5hp aswell.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Rifleman ftw!

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's a powerful mod for what it is. I just installed it on my gen 4 and low power mode is pretty fiersom never mind what it feels like in full power. It's well worth the cost and ease of install. Just be careful when you first ride with it because your muscle memory will take some time to adjust to the new position.

I have noticed that it does reduce the amount of rebound or spring return at 25% throttle or less and for some people that might be concerning but even though it feels like less it's the same amount of closing force as long as everything is moving freely.

My specific throttle was binding it seemed on a full left steering lock. Just slightly it did however work itself out.

Quad thumbs up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts