Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been seeing a lot of post prasing the Rifleman 1/5 throttle insert but after a couple google searches i cant find it .Any one knows what site sell em. I have a gen 3 by the way

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
I make and sell them.

I have them in stock and can ship saturday.

Just PM me, I'll get you all the Paypal info.

the R1/R6 tube will work... but there are draw backs. It's not a true 1/5th (72' rotation) more like a 75 to 80' rotation and the tube is shorter then the Kawasaki tube so there is a gap between the end of the grip and the bar end weight. The rubber is also different so your grips won't match.

if you are riding a track only bike... most of that won't make a difference, but if you are riding on the street and want your bike to "look" OEM and correct, the 1/5th is the way to go.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I make and sell them.

I have them in stock and can ship saturday.

Just PM me, I'll get you all the Paypal info.

the R1/R6 tube will work... but there are draw backs. It's not a true 1/5th (72' rotation) more like a 75 to 80' rotation and the tube is shorter then the Kawasaki tube so there is a gap between the end of the grip and the bar end weight. The rubber is also different so your grips won't match.

if you are riding a track only bike... most of that won't make a difference, but if you are riding on the street and want your bike to "look" OEM and correct, the 1/5th is the way to go.
Good to know about the R6 tube, I wasn't aware of any of that.

Can't go wrong with Rifleman's insert, it's a solid mod and you'll never look back.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Its tits

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Oh contrare mon frare. Its very easy, just take off the throttle housing and grind away the tab inside the top piece. Slip the insert in underneath the accel cable and pit housing back on. U will probably need to grind 1/4 of the adjustment piece on the decel cable I believe for it to snap back like it should and thats it

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
damn you make it sound so simple. When i read the thread on how to install it, i thought you had to take the gas tank off.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
That depends on how much throttle cable your bike has. Youre going to have to adjust your throttle cable to make the throttle function properly. There are 2 different locations for adjustment, one is over the radiator and the other is by the throttle bodies, underneath the airbox. You may get enough room for adjustment with the one that is above the radiator, you dont need to remove anything to get to that one. If you cant adjust it enough with that one, youll need to go under the gas tank. One other thing is to cut the lock rings off of throttle cable to give yourself more adjustment room. Just be careful to not cut your throttle cable.

Edit: This was on my Gen 1. Your throttle cable adjustors are probably in different locations on different Gens.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Haha nah no need to remove the tank, at least not on the 2nd Gen and I see under ur name thats what u have. I just adjusted the cable next to the housing, but once u think u have it set turn the bars all the way to each side and test it (all in neutral of course) lol

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
the install instructions are VERY complete, Hillcountry10r was the first and did a full on extensive job of what MAY be necessary to perform the install. I've done perhaps 25 or 30 personally on the 10's, a few 14r's, and a hand full of zx6R/636's I"ve never had to go under the tank... and mayby 20% of the time did I need to do the mod on the cable adjuster...

I recomend doing all the above the tank stuff first, and testing it, if the throttle functions properly, you are good to go.

I can do the install in 15 minutes if I don't have to mod the cable adjuster. 30-40 if I do, but I am EXTRA careful when working on someone elses bike.

Just remember, the throttle must snap back instantly to idle when released, INSTANTLY, no hang, no drag... and test it from fully left on the bars to fully right and back again. Remember there are 145 or more horses on the other end of that throttle... it needs to work right, all the time, every time.

but i will tell you this... even if it took 2 hours to do the mod... once done you will say it was the best 2 hours you ever spent on your bike.

Under those plastics lives a MotoGP/SBK bike, Kawi chained it down by making the throttle so long you can't get to it...

do the 1/5th.... and release the BEAST!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Rifleman ur a freakin genius:mrgreen::lol:
its me Francis from HONG KONG i bought 2-nos. from you 1-for my bud zx6R and 1 for my zx10R,... and u know what...its a savvy mod i like it a lot..

Finally i got spare time to install it ..it took 15 minutes...including dremelling those inside tabs... i did not cut any CABLES adjuster or whatsover.. just grinding the inner tabs and voila!!!!

:eek:ccasion1

Attachments

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
I just can't get myself too buy this... I'm not sure if its something I need or not......????? Can't make my damn mind up ...

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Pearl, give it a go, I have yet to have anyone who did the mod and said , yeck, blea, this mod is not for me...

reversible if you don't like it, and I offer money back if you want to return to the OEM config.. Wouldn't say that if I wasn't 100% sure, once you go 1/5th, you will never go back to OEM..

makes the bike more responsive, more agile, like you are more "connected" with the machine. not sure how that works but enough people have said it, and that's the way I felt when I 1/5th'd my machine.

if you mod your bike.. this is almost a "must do" mod... inexpensive, pretty easy to do and plenty of help if you have trouble, and a significantly "felt" modification... you will feel the difference between OEM and 1/5th...

and you will need a grin-ectomy the first week you ride after modification.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just can't get myself too buy this... I'm not sure if its something I need or not......????? Can't make my damn mind up ...
Hi..man.. if you want more instant speed (aggressive riding) without snapping or hurting your wrist GO BUY this..it helps a lot, so keeping your power band is a lot more easier than before... plus its easy to install no BS..

Im not related to Riffleman im just one happy rider who bought it, and most importantly this thing is cheap..but very effective specially when u drive hard (no cruising on your zx10r)

but yeah you can buy AFTERMARKET race throttle kits, just sayin..
:wink:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts