Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making a trip down to Laguna Seca on Sunday for the AMA/GP races, it will be about a 300 mile round trip journey. That is quite a distance for me. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on extra things i should bring along as a "just in case" kinda thing, as I would prefer to be over prepared should something happen.
And for anyone who has ridden to Laguna Seca, anything in particular I need to be aware of? Maybe some of you would have something you learned after attending that could be passed along.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
300 miles is nothing, just make sure your tires are good, chain clean, gas up, bring a backpack for some water and snacks. but dude its only 2 hours each way, you'll be fine, it's just a tank of gas. each weekend i normally ride 6-8 hours a day, as long as you're bikes well maintained, its all good. oh yeah, make sure you're cell phone is charged

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on thoroughly checking everything the day before, as well as changing oil/filter, cleaning and lubing chain and checking chain slack. I believe I have a well maintained bike, hell I change the oil every 1-1.5K miles. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't absentmindedly forgetting something simple.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
It could be VERY cold in the morning and VERY hot and windy in the afternoon :thumbsup: or VERY hot in the morning and windy and COLD in the afternoon :thumbsup: Have fun. We are doing the Gilroy Garlic festival this year :dontknow: Next year is mine:thumbsup:

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
yeah, layer... it's amazing how much the temp can change

water... either carry it, or be prepaired to buy it.

oh, and enjoy, stay in the moment. Be where you are

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the input. This is my first GP event so I plan on absorbing in as much as humanly possible during the day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts