Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my zx10r 2005 stock, wondering what is a good rpm to cruise at and where the power band is. Not looking to race but, I find myself cruising at 5000 rpm wondering if that is bad or not?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Wait What? Just ride it.. I'm in the highest gwar I can be in for any given speed without it bogging the motor down.. You know.. like any other vehicle I drive

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ok i didn't know if it would hurt the engine to run at low rpms.
No, I mean it idles at low rpm doesn't it? You'll know if she doesn't like the rpm youre cruising it by feel and sound. That's whwn you downshift a gesr till you can go faster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I find above 3500 or 4000 on my 07 with stock gearing. Everything seems to mesh at that point.
The previous owner told me that the spark is actually retarded in first gear. Not sure if its a fact or not .

·
Registered
211 Posts
I find above 3500 or 4000 on my 07 with stock gearing. Everything seems to mesh at that point.
The previous owner told me that the spark is actually retarded in first gear. Not sure if its a fact or not .
Agree, generally a good low limit for cruise.
Regarding the spark retard in 1st, it`s not true.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just got my zx10r 2005 stock, wondering what is a good rpm to cruise at and where the power band is. Not looking to race but, I find myself cruising at 5000 rpm wondering if that is bad or not?
Don`t worry. Cruising at 5000 is ok. Depending on mods your power band is from around 7-8k.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
5k is a good cruising rpm but youll get that urge towwanna twist that throttle back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts