Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK over the last week me and my bike have gotten closer because I have rode my bike everyday and every where I go since last Thurday. I commute 55 miles one way. So its taken a toll on the body. I have put 720 miles on my bike since last Friday. I just thought I would try it but its not something I would continue doing. Today is my last day riding to work. I get off in 20 min and I am not looking forward to the ride. I even thought about leaving the 10 at a friends house and renting a car. Hmmm, maybe the long way home threw the mountains will be fun.

Who else in does long commutes on a bike? I want to hear your story.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
i have a vary physical job but i always look forward to leaving on my bike and forgetting the pressures of my job. i commute 20 mile each way and their are times that my wrist hurt and back hurt but i wouldn't have it any-other way.

·
Registered
514 Posts
28 miles and I wish it were longer, Im actually looking to buy some land to build on about 25 miles farther than I am now. Is your ride in traffic? you know now that I think of it I am always waking up in the morning to leave the station. Im not very fatigued. Damn I can see were that would be tough if you had to work your A** off all day and then ride home. I took back my first reply :suicide:

·
Dangerous
304 Posts
I ride every day and I love it. I hate to drive my truck because of traffic. Traffic is never much of a problem on the bike. In college I rode year round from Nashville to Clarkesville on 24. It sucked in the winter but if I had it to do over, I wouldn't change a thing.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
20 miles round trip on my 10. Haven't done any canyons lately, wife works full time and 2 little rug rats I'm lucky to get 1 canyon a month.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I live in Sarasota,FL captial to the old farts. i drive 20 miles one way dodging old farts and crappy roads. You get used to it. A day or 2 kinda hurt, i came off a Harley to this, so adjusment was diffrent but I think I like riding the 10 better, I still want a diffrent windsheild though

·
Registered
174 Posts
My bike has been my only mode of transportation for about the last two months since some idiot decided to run a red light and total my car. I commute about 15 miles each way from home or about 35 each way from my girlfriends house. Riding for purpose is a lot less fun than riding for pleasure. Lately i have been catching myself sleeping in thinking "its ok i can just make up the time on the bike." lol, not the best attitude in the world but it is handy when i really am running late!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i start work at 4:00pm and am supposed to get done at 2:30am but that never happens so after 12 hours im pretty beat it gets hard riding home about 30 miles some times. especially when its freezing ass cold.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
rustang662k said:
My bike has been my only mode of transportation for about the last two months since some idiot decided to run a red light and total my car. I commute about 15 miles each way from home or about 35 each way from my girlfriends house. Riding for purpose is a lot less fun than riding for pleasure. Lately i have been catching myself sleeping in thinking "its ok i can just make up the time on the bike." lol, not the best attitude in the world but it is handy when i really am running late!

HAHA... I do the same thing.....

I ride 10 miles to work...and 30 from my girls...so some days its alot. I dont get tired. It DOES some times suck on the 91....

but I like it. I took my car today, which I usually only drive once a week now since I got the 10...it was ok. I will say I miss the whine of the Supercharger... :mrgreen:

but I'll take the quick ride in the carpool lane over sitting in the traffic any time.

I am getting tired of wearing out the center of my tires though....hitting canyons just doesnt fit in lately...

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I ride 35 miles each way. I ride evey shift but then again I work every 3rd day. I wish I could ride more but with my family my commute is about the only time I get to ride.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I live about five miles from my job but I look forward to the ride home it keeps me sane for the most part. I really haven't had much time to ride lately, I work ten hours a day, I coach a little league football team, so that means practice everyday and games on Saturday, so I try to get all the riding in I can no matter how little.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
1000 miles a month, every month and I live 300 yards from work.

New rear qualifier every 3 months cus the middles worn out

And Florida sucks for good roads...big time !!

The fuel to tire cost ratio is getting near 1:1 .

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Ummm, I don't get it. I ride over 120 miles per day (50+ mile commute to work one way, plus me and the bozy go for a quick spin at lunch). Now, having said that, the 10 did take some conditioning for me to be able to ride out a tank of gas and not physically pay for it. The more you ride, the more conditioned you should get, and with time the longer you can go before discomfort sets in. Also, the more you ride, you pick up on "techniques" that will either reduce and/or eliminate fatigue, such as hand positioning, posture, etc.

In short, I'm sure I'm not the only one here that puts 700-800 miles per week on the 10 (weather permitting). It all has to do with how bad you want to ride....

Peace,
D

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
I live 15 miles from the edge of town so if i want to go anywhere its at least 30 miles to there then however far home. Wish I could ride me bike to work but 8500 miles is a long way to work. Also the chick I am interested in now lives like 5 hours away so thats gonna be a hell of a ride to go see her.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I ride the bike everywhere and don't mind a little discomfort to be able to ride her. The ladies at the grocery store think I'm crazy when I pile a bunch of groceries in my backpack and ride off.

·
Registered
675 Posts
cain772 said:
i have a vary physical job but i always look forward to leaving on my bike and forgetting the pressures of my job. i commute 20 mile each way and their are times that my wrist hurt and back hurt but i wouldn't have it any-other way.
Cain works? :badteeth:

Sorry, Cain. Physical and mental jobby here too. 6 miles each way. That ride to and from work always put a grin on my face :+1:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts