Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never been before. A group if about 12 are going in the morning. Bout a hour and half ride to there. Have heard alot of people talk about "the store"

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds like a good time. Never ridden that road before, I know a couple corners are pretty notorious for taking down bikes/riders though.

Sent from my SGH-T989

·
Registered
414 Posts
Shit, nevermind. Somehow I saw the snake and not the 421 part. We have a road in so cal called the snake too.

Sent from my SGH-T989

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is VA TN and NC

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just saw a video of the road you're going to on YouTube. Not sure what part of it I saw but it looks pretty bad ass.

Sent from my SGH-T989

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The store is the ONLY store, its in between the two runs, It's a tourist road now so be careful of the law, take a few slow trips in to see gravel and police. Talk to some riders at the store and maybe they will take you out on some of the lesser traveled roads you can have fun on.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I m gonna pic up a shirt and a few stickers while im there at the store

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
the Cherahola Skyway is an awesome road too!!!

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Dragon is way overrated, all the other highways are gold. Be safe man.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sorry, just realized you asked that question. The snake is mulholland hwy. There's a ton of videos of that road on YouTube.

Sent from my SGH-T989

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
Mulholland HWY is AWESOME. It's not just the snake, but the DOZENS of little canyons that go off and then end back on Mulholland again. Each one is unique. Some are super tight, some are wide, some have both. Start from Topanga to get to Mulholland Drive then to Mulholland Hwy, and take the side canyons here and there. The views are amazing. And once you past the rock store, about a mile or so just west of it is the Snake. THERE WILL BE COPS. And on the huge turn there are a few guys with full blown photography set up taking pics. Which you can go online and buy. They capture some nice shots by the way. Everyone seems to want to show off on that turn or get fixiated on the cameras and thats part of why so many go down. And yes a LOT fo riders go down. It's like some strange vortex.

The at the top you can kick it meeting new riders and what not and watch the turn from the top and see other riders trying to act up lol. Then when you go another few miles west you'll hit Kanan which if you make a left will take you down to the PCH and you'll see this super huge body of water aka Pacific Ocean.

Now if you go on a Sunday bewteen 9-12noon, You will see around 500+ bikes of ALL types and possibly Jay Leno will come up with one of his bikes (maybe his Y2K).

For amazing grub, if you go down south on PCH to Dukes. Amazing food, great burger or all you can eat buffet right on the water with the finest Cali blondes :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Sounds like a great place. Nothing like a ZX10R in its natural habitat.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
Btw.. Tomorrowy its going to be in the high 90's.
Not too much fun wearing full leathers when it's 95-102.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mulholland HWY is AWESOME. It's not just the snake, but the DOZENS of little canyons that go off and then end back on Mulholland again. Each one is unique. Some are super tight, some are wide, some have both. Start from Topanga to get to Mulholland Drive then to Mulholland Hwy, and take the side canyons here and there. The views are amazing. And once you past the rock store, about a mile or so just west of it is the Snake. THERE WILL BE COPS. And on the huge turn there are a few guys with full blown photography set up taking pics. Which you can go online and buy. They capture some nice shots by the way. Everyone seems to want to show off on that turn or get fixiated on the cameras and thats part of why so many go down. And yes a LOT fo riders go down. It's like some strange vortex.

The at the top you can kick it meeting new riders and what not and watch the turn from the top and see other riders trying to act up lol. Then when you go another few miles west you'll hit Kanan which if you make a left will take you down to the PCH and you'll see this super huge body of water aka Pacific Ocean.

Now if you go on a Sunday bewteen 9-12noon, You will see around 500+ bikes of ALL types and possibly Jay Leno will come up with one of his bikes (maybe his Y2K).

For amazing grub, if you go down south on PCH to Dukes. Amazing food, great burger or all you can eat buffet right on the water with the finest Cali blondes :)
:+1:

You just made me want to hit that road really bad static. :lol:

Sent from my SGH-T989

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts