Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appologize if this has been covered before but, already did a searchand didn't find it. I am 6' 1" and weigh 200lbs(220 suited up) and want to know if there is a ratio for say for every 10lb increase/decrease ET will drop by X amount in the 1/4.Also if weight has any bearing on speed in the 1/4.

·
Registered
99 Posts
depends on HP. but yea generally on liter bikes. light is right and fast. dont know formula for figuring what weight does, im sure someone might. im going to say a rider at 135lbs will run .3-.6 faster than 220 rider.. maybe more. on smaller bike like 600 is will be more so. a light rider might run .8 or faster on 600 than heavier guy in 200 plus.

·
Registered
99 Posts
djblacksuperman said:
yea, how much do the test riders that clock times of low to mid 9's on stock 10rs weigh... does anybody know?
mostly prolly 150-160 or less. but they correct numbers for elevations temp and pressure. even years ago sport rider put in there the correction factor they used.. is was something like .9285 or something like that at time. pretty much was liter bike test that showed all bikes in 9's and if you went by there factor to get real times they ran.. it was like 10.30s and 10.40s for all bikes. magazines fudge and make sure there numbers are fast...but mostly unaccurate as hell.

im sure weight does have rough number where it works out to 25 lbs per tenth. but on 600 wegiths gonna have bigger factor on it due to less hp.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1LongR1 said:
mostly prolly 150-160 or less. but they correct numbers for elevations temp and pressure. even years ago sport rider put in there the correction factor they used.. is was something like .9285 or something like that at time. pretty much was liter bike test that showed all bikes in 9's and if you went by there factor to get real times they ran.. it was like 10.30s and 10.40s for all bikes. magazines fudge and make sure there numbers are fast...but mostly unaccurate as hell.

im sure weight does have rough number where it works out to 25 lbs per tenth. but on 600 wegiths gonna have bigger factor on it due to less hp.
So if I am right by multiplying my 10.96 I ran on my 600rr last week by .9285, then corrected puts me at 10.17 1/4?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Micron05rr said:
So if I am right by multiplying my 10.96 I ran on my 600rr last week by .9285, then corrected puts me at 10.17 1/4?

not really..but you can see how the magazines show low 10's on 600's that way. they got that correction factor by determining the altitude of track, temp, humidty and came up with .9285. correction factor wont be same every place or time. i was just telling you that what they wrote in magazine and gave the correction factor that they used.. most of time magazines wont post correction factors... it will just say... corrected times!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
1LongR1 said:
not really..but you can see how the magazines show low 10's on 600's that way. they got that correction factor by determining the altitude of track, temp, humidty and came up with .9285. correction factor wont be same every place or time. i was just telling you that what they wrote in magazine and gave the correction factor that they used.. most of time magazines wont post correction factors... it will just say... corrected times!!
Thanks for the responses. Since last night I have been doing some research on how to calculate correction factors and found one site in particular that has a formula built in to calculate for you. You can access the national weather service data base to find the variables that are taken into account based on geographic location, time, etc. of the track. My track has a link on their website for the weather info. I just want to be able to correct my times to make get weather conditions as constant as possible to tell me exactly how changes I make have increased/decreased performance.
http://www.smokemup.com/auto_math/corr_dew_point.php

·
Registered
99 Posts
mikebar4 said:
weight makes a huge difference,,,,,,but not nearly as much as rider skills

true...but even master skilled guys that weigh 180 lbs arent gonna run same as pretty skilled guy at 130 lbs. at any weight the more practice and better technique will result in faster times..but light is still right. more practice and seat time is one of best things you can do.. other is of course to be as light as you can be. of course not everyone can be 125 lbs master jockey either..it just isnt in there cards.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Weight makes a big difference. I run mid 9.70's with 1.58-1.62 60 foot times. My girlfriend(on the same bike) weighs 125 lbs. She only gets 1.70-1.80 60 foot times. Even with the slower 60 she has ran a tenth faster and 5 more MPH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts