Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy Daniel just jacked up his leg today. It is shattered in 2 places, according to his wife, and he is going to have to have surgery. He'll be in the hospital for at least a week.
Something about slipping off a footpeg..... I don't know if it is wheelie related or not (likely).

Please pray for his recovery.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He rides a GSXR 600, don't think the peg broke.
Well, before the bike hit the ground anyway.....

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update on Daniel:

He had converted his shifter to GP shift (one up, five down) and was upshifting leaving a stop sign. His foot slipped off his peg/shifter and he basically stiff legged the pavement and got pulled off the bike.
He has about seven pins in his left leg. They have to wait for the swelling to go down befpre they can do surgery on his knee, where most of the damage is.
The doctors are saying he will have arthritis there for the rest of his life (no kidding) and he will be out of work for about 4 months.

The GSXR 600 end-over-ended. It is obliterated. Everything you wouldn't want bent is bent, and everything you would want attached has been ripped off..

Keep praying.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
fun2fly said:
Damn sorry to hear this, hope your friend can recover fully.
:+1: Never good to hear about something like that, even if you don't know the person. Will pray for a full recovery......send him my best.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get well soon!

Hope that he makes a great recovery.

I know the feeling. I went off of my ZX 9R at 65 MPH on 435 HWY in Kansas City in rush hour. That was May 1 of this year. Still feeling the effects, but happy to be alive!!!:wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts