Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great sadness that I write this, as we have lost one of our own over here. My friend Jason and about 9 of us were on Mt. Etna on the 3rd doing the twisty thing, the details are still pretty unclear as to exactly how it happened, but Jason and the truck hit head-on. He was 25 and his 636 was about 2 months old, but it wasn't his first bike, he had just sold his R6 a month before he got the 636.
As one of the other riders so eloquently put it over here "this is a risk we choose to accept right?" My response was "yeah, but..." this is definitely not what is supposed to happen.
As with all of us here we are military so one of the other sad points is that he was a 5 year E-6 and would probably be an E-7 next cycle, that's just the path he was on, which by the way is pretty outstanding.
If you get the chance we have a pic of him posted on our website, that way you can put a name with a face.

www.teamrsd.com

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sad to hear it mate.... unfortunately what your buddy said is true... it's a risk we choose to accept and no, it wasn't supposed to happen, but it did, it's inherent to what we do. I hope you guys are all okay, its hard losing a mate. Look after yourselves.

Mustard.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your buddy Jason. My sympathies and prayers go out to you all and his family. Perhaps his spirit will ride with you all and keep you safe to ride another day. May you all keep his memories close to you and keep on riding. Peace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
very very sad to hear news like that dude.. may his soul rest with the lord and ride in heaven. peace to his family and friends

vag05

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the support, we are going to be doing a memorial track day for him within the next couple of weeks or so, it's a passion thing for us. I think he really was happiest when he was riding, especially after he got the new bike. Ride safe, and watch out for that truck in your lane going around corners.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
So sad... :headshake

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend bro, that sucks big time. We take a big chance everytime we get on our bikes,but it's something we all love and that's why we cant walk away from it even when terrible stuff like this happens. My condolences to his family and friends. Ride safe guys.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
ghost666 said:
Sorry to hear about your friend bro, that sucks big time. We take a big chance everytime we get on our bikes,but it's something we all love and that's why we cant walk away from it even when terrible stuff like this happens. My condolences to his family and friends. Ride safe guys.
Well said :+1:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
ghost666 said:

I couldn't agree more, and neither can the rest of us over here, that's why we're having the memorial track day. I had put out yesterday to most of the riders that if they aren't in the game(riding) mentally then they need to park it until they can get in the game, otherwise they are at more risk. Alot of people blame the driving over here, but I believe that it's one of those things that just happen, not much you can do about it and you definitely can't dwell on it. So thanks for the support from the site as always you guys are a class act and be sure to keep your head in the game out there.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
It's very sad to read something like this. When I bought my bike. I know the risk. We all do. As sad as it to say. Life goes on, But the memory of your friend will be with you forever and thats a good thing. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry to hear that 1bad7. I just recently transferred from Rota,spain and i had alot of friends go down or either lose there lives. Prayers go out to him and his family...Be safe outthere.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
We must also not forget we lost a Military Vet. serving his country and with the rank that he was currently at in such a short time, I know he loved being an American Soldier and serving his country,and must have made his family proud. Godspeed

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
MOTO-GP said:
Sorry to hear that 1bad7. I just recently transferred from Rota,spain and i had alot of friends go down or either lose there lives. Prayers go out to him and his family...Be safe outthere.
Where you stationed at?? I'm going to Moody AFB, GA next fall (Valdosta area).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts