Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SoCal population, anyone want to meet up for a good ride this saturday?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am almost positive older guy is in also. i'd like to say angels crest area?

i live in redondo beach, we or some can meet at my place say 8:30 when its warming up, or up at another spot depending on ride destination and your locations.

·
Registered
696 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
i am almost positive older guy is in also. i'd like to say angels crest area?

i live in redondo beach, we or some can meet at my place say 8:30 when its warming up, or up at another spot depending on ride destination and your locations.
Ah- can't make this one. I have a hockey game tomorrow morning. Next time!

Just a heads up tho, Angeles Crest is freezing this time of year. Not that you couldn't butch up and still do it.. :wink:. But Mullholland/Santa Monica mountains is probably a bit safer ride right now. I have heard about ice patches hanging in the twisties around Mt Wilson.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, well thanks for the heads up sonnyboy11. i'll hit you guys up later with the official time and place etc. middle 60's tomorrow should make a good ride.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
if its twisties you guys wanna do then I am not sure where would be safe and fun but I know PCH would be good just cause there might be a few of us and it would be more of a cruise. I have a broken foot so I cant really do the twisties too fast.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah ill second that...i went to the crest new years eve morning...it was freezeing....and a guy went down right in front of me....when we talk to one of the FIRE dept. guys they told us that CAL TRANS has repaved a portion of the crest with a new asphalt and they didnt exactly do there rescearh....the new asphalt freezes...really easy!!! so the new compund they used all has to be ripped out and repaved but that will take a while so for now...it sucks ass in the cold.....so definiately pch/mullholland would be a much better pick!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
PCH PCH PCH PCH PCH PCH!!!!!!!thats all I have to say. That or come to mission viejo and we can ride the toll road and trabuco and ortega canyons sweet ride doesnt freeze over at all.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Hey Guys....Rick just called me...we talked about this ride a couple days ago...were planning to go north...I was planning to take him through some roads around Malibu....not as cold as ACH...I know some nice roads up there...yeah..it may be a little cool, but was gonna meet at his house around 8:45 -9 am (He is in Redondo)....leave Orange county at 8....if anyone wants to meet in OC, post up....meet a Rick's house at 9 am and he will PM those who respond....with his address and directions....if you wanna' leave from OC...PM me and I'll meet you at the Shell Station (8 am) off Lake Forest and the 5/405 1 block west of the fwy...

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
This sucks! Have a fun safe ride, and take some pics or vid if possible. 24 and snowing in the mitten.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts