Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my bike it had been lowered maybe an inch and a half in the back. If I raise it back up to stock will I need to make any changes to the suspension?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Not sure what you're asking - you need to make changes to the suspension to get it back to stock. How was it lowered? I'm guessing they changed out the dogbones. The forks were prob just raised in the triple.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what you're asking - you need to make changes to the suspension to get it back to stock. How was it lowered? I'm guessing they changed out the dogbones. The forks were prob just raised in the triple.
sorry I did not explain that very well, the rear was lowered with and adjustable dogbone when before i purchased the bike and the front was left alone. I set the rear back to stock today and was wondering if i would need to re adjust the suspension after changing the ride height.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
depends on how it feels to you if it feels good then leave it, if not then just play with it till you get it feeling how you want it to feel.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
If you havend't set up the suspension to suit you since you bought it you need to do this anyway, and it is well worthwhile. Set up your static and free sag to suit your body weight... and your compression and rebound damping to suit your riding style. One of the magazines put out a how to which you can access on the web. This is not the perfect thing, but a good starting point. If your bike has been lowered only in the rear, it will exhibit excess trail at the front wheel, so when it is jacked back up the bike will turn in to corners a lot quicker.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you havend't set up the suspension to suit you since you bought it you need to do this anyway, and it is well worthwhile. Set up your static and free sag to suit your body weight... and your compression and rebound damping to suit your riding style. One of the magazines put out a how to which you can access on the web. This is not the perfect thing, but a good starting point. If your bike has been lowered only in the rear, it will exhibit excess trail at the front wheel, so when it is jacked back up the bike will turn in to corners a lot quicker.
Thanks for the input. I had the suspension tuned for me by a local shop. The bike does feel a lot different bow that it is set back to stock height. I may get them to redo it for me now that I have it put back to stock height. I was just worried about if changing the ride height would have a big effect on that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts