Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have recently purchased a Gen 3 swingarm to swap onto my Gen 1, since the original has a dent in it. I have been reading about the swap, and people have reccomended I use 05/06 linkages. Does this put the bike at the stock ride height? How will this affect the handling? I would rather keep the stock swingarm if this swap will negatively affect the handling of the bike. Can anyone with experience riding with this setup please give some feedback? Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Handling

the rear will sit higher than stock even with the swapped linkage. if i remember correctly, for me i believe i was +8mm in the rear with the shim for the rear shock removed. you will definitely feel the difference when sitting on the bike, more of your weight on the clip-ons. try it out, takes less than a day to swap a swingarm.
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/05-08-swingarm-63771.html
Oh ok I see, thanks! Do you feel like it was a handling improvement, or did it feel wierd? Would you do the swap again? Did you ever take it to the track? Sorry for all the questions haha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Handling

Oh ok I see, thanks! Do you feel like it was a handling improvement, or did it feel wierd? Would you do the swap again? Did you ever take it to the track? Sorry for all the questions haha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shock

the rear will sit higher than stock even with the swapped linkage. if i remember correctly, for me i believe i was +8mm in the rear with the shim for the rear shock removed. you will definitely feel the difference when sitting on the bike, more of your weight on the clip-ons. try it out, takes less than a day to swap a swingarm.
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/05-08-swingarm-63771.html
What rear suspension did you use? Stock or 3rd gen?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
i feel like it was a little too high in the rear. i would do the swap again but try to get the rear a little lower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts