Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
The Pace
6,962 Posts
I'm loving my zx10r but there's one thing I can't get used to. Compared to my zx6r, there is a feeling of being disconnected from the throttle response. I've stalled it a couple of times from not revving it high enough at a stop light, even though I twist the throttle about 1/5 I only feel like it gives me "10%" throttle. It also feels pretty dead in the lower rpm range.

Is there any way to improve this?
Normal learning of this bike. Been there. Do NOT do anything; have to simply wait for your brain to catch on. Must remember to pull clutch all the way for restart with cagers behind at that light. After coming off several yucks and CBR's I also noticed two other different aspects of our bike: a nice and fast engine brake; However at first thought the turn was off/hard/resistant. I learned that the ten wants extreme light touch on turn then it sorts out its head perfectly.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
Went for a ride today and stalled again. I really need to remap that.
Raise the idle speed bro, the bike won't mind one bit. Think stock is 1150 or so, take it up to 1300. Much harder to stall that way. Also adjust your clutch lever to better fit where u are comfy with it hooking up, I prefer it closer to the begining of the pull

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
Normal learning of this bike. Been there. Do NOT do anything; have to simply wait for your brain to catch on. Must remember to pull clutch all the way for restart with cagers behind at that light. After coming off several yucks and CBR's I also noticed two other different aspects of our bike: a nice and fast engine brake; However at first thought the turn was off/hard/resistant. I learned that the ten wants extreme light touch on turn then it sorts out its head perfectly.
That works too but it's just better to set your bike up to you, as far as engine braking, turn it to off on the dash and it makes that much nicer

·
Registered
18 zx10r
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I haven't changed the map yet but I'm getting used to the throttle response.

Was looking at Brock's 19 zx10r tunning vid. Anyone know what program they're using to look at the ETV map?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
couple of things....
brocks dont use Woolich he uses Gaul, saw a interview and gaul is a decent guy that told in the interview that he does not know others software so he cannot say anything, BUT Brock sanke oil brocks say that his is the only one that really works, all gen5 from him run like crap.
ETVs all of them have to be tunned by bike, and the feeling that you want.

This are my maps ETV.
I would not want 1to 1 in low openings.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 zx10r
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I finally decided to order my Woolich kit with the wideband o2 sensor. I'll have plenty of time to ride since I'm getting laid off. Time to ride.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
anyone know if I can use the narrowband to wideband adapter?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts