Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was finnaly able to ride my 2016 10R today. I picked up the bike Dec 26, 2015 and I live in Michigan. We have had a mild winter so far but a snow storm is coming.
My first thoughts are this bike is refined. It is smooth, quick revving and feels lighter. The biggest surprise is how well the Drive-By-Wire electronic throttle works. I was expecting lag time but NOPE, there is none. The 2nd thing I like the most is the transmission. I feel positive shifts when I select a gear. It is not jumpy or slow to engage at all. The stock exhaust sound is adequate for stock. Before I change it, I want to ride the bike so I can feel the difference in power when I start modifying and adding horsepower. ***Please see video below***

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
https://youtu.be/8V4i7xl7AJY

Attachments

·
The Pace
7,044 Posts
So I was finnaly able to ride my 2016 10R today. I picked up the bike Dec 26, 2015 and I live in Michigan. We have had a mild winter so far but a snow storm is coming.
My first thoughts are this bike is refined. It is smooth, quick revving and feels lighter. The biggest surprise is how well the Drive-By-Wire electronic throttle works. I was expecting lag time but NOPE, there is none. The 2nd thing I like the most is the transmission. I feel positive shifts when I select a gear. It is not jumpy or slow to engage at all. The stock exhaust sound is adequate for stock. Before I change it, I want to ride the bike so I can feel the difference in power when I start modifying and adding horsepower. ***Please see video below***

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
https://youtu.be/8V4i7xl7AJY
Are you at the bank? lol

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
My first thoughts are this bike is refined. It is smooth, quick revving and feels lighter. The biggest surprise is how well the Drive-By-Wire electronic throttle works. I was expecting lag time but NOPE, there is none. The 2nd thing I like the most is the transmission. I feel positive shifts when I select a gear. It is not jumpy or slow to engage at all. The stock exhaust sound is adequate for stock. Before I change it, I want to ride the bike so I can feel the difference in power when I start modifying and adding horsepower.
Refined, yes. Good choice of adjective.

Feels lighter, I believe it. Not lighter, but feels lighter, mass centralization at work.

First three gears are lower, ECU is crisper, fueling even better.

Yep, gonna be a good year for KHI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts