Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Ricky Gadsen's new Gen 1 turbo build. It's sweeeet. Opinions on lowered/stretched?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  gen1realwidowmaker 
#1 ·
Oh boy, I've never been a huge fan of lowered and stretched sport bikes but this thing is wicked! I sure like the look of the 1st gen.

This begs the question, it seems to me that it'd be really cheap to buy a 1st gen and lower/stretch it. I'm not a drag racer and have no intention of becoming one but I sure like staring at my garage toys.

How do these lowered and stretched bikes handle on the street?

Reactions: TheRoadWarrior
#2 ·
They handle well with a mild stretch/lower. Too low becomes a nightmare for ground clearance reasons, far more debilitating than too long. Too long will make it a little truckish on turn in and mid corner, and will actually make it a lot more prone to spinning the rear tire on surface roads (at normal tire pressures). If you're not riding at 9/10ths on street roads, though, it's just fine. The obscene amount of power is actually harder to ride around than the wheelbase. :)

#3 ·
Serves its purpose. Although im a road course guy ill be the first one to admit i get excited seeing a sportbike thats relativity a stock bike minus a stretch absolutely haul ass down the strip. Running the same times as cars with a 5th of the displacement they have. Plus i like what Rickey has built for himself and the kawasaki brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.