Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Rickey Gadson goes 8.99 on a 2012 zx14

6K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  hesaves0211 
#1 ·
here is a lil video i thought you guys might like.

#16 ·
They will step it up... its how the circle goes. Imagine if they didn't it would suck! No more new goodies, because Kawi would be able to just sit back and hold down the top spot without ever putting something new out. :headshake the more competition among manufacturers the better... for us.

#19 ·
Suzuki has serious cash flow problems right now. I hope they can hang in there. It improves everybody. Right now the new 14 will take us back to 2006 and 2007 where the 14 has a serious advantage over the Busa equally prepped and ridden. I hear Suz is skipping a year with the Busa again, like 2010. I don't expect the new Gixxer 1k to hang with the 10, at least fully prepped stock motored anyway. Bummer the ECU is such a booger on the Kaw stuff.

#24 ·
#25 ·
I wonder how much the Brocks added to the bikes performance and what was done..

#26 ·
It was a messed up situation all around.

Organizers went back on their word and screwed Gadson. Which screwed the Discovery channel film crew and badly needed coverage for the sport. So to get them their shot he did the exhibition run for his real run (Teasley rode instead of Gadson) and took the DQ for it. Unfortunately, the organizers wanted to make him look like the bad guy and still eliminated the guy Teasley beat even though they DQ Gadson/Teasley. Lame.

#29 ·
i agree... rickey has been trying to prodcast this sport for awhile now with lil success. i think nascar which is big $$$ organization is taking over but if we can ever get the right coverage for our sport we will be good to go and no other guy out there better than RG imo.

#27 ·
Sounds messed up all around, I agree. But, if he is in competition he should not be allowed exhibition runs during competition. After he is out, ok. Practice makes perfect, and he doesn't deserve it more than the next guy. Now, had they promised him exhibition runs and he wasn't in competition then he would have reason to complain if they denied him. I agree, not putting the guy he ran back in competition was lame on the part of the track. It is absolutely wrong to switch riders in competition. That is disrespecting the sport and the guy in the next lane. Either you are in competition or you aren't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.