Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
I wonder how much the Brocks added to the bikes performance and what was done..

It was a messed up situation all around.

Organizers went back on their word and screwed Gadson. Which screwed the Discovery channel film crew and badly needed coverage for the sport. So to get them their shot he did the exhibition run for his real run (Teasley rode instead of Gadson) and took the DQ for it. Unfortunately, the organizers wanted to make him look like the bad guy and still eliminated the guy Teasley beat even though they DQ Gadson/Teasley. Lame.

Sounds messed up all around, I agree. But, if he is in competition he should not be allowed exhibition runs during competition. After he is out, ok. Practice makes perfect, and he doesn't deserve it more than the next guy. Now, had they promised him exhibition runs and he wasn't in competition then he would have reason to complain if they denied him. I agree, not putting the guy he ran back in competition was lame on the part of the track. It is absolutely wrong to switch riders in competition. That is disrespecting the sport and the guy in the next lane. Either you are in competition or you aren't.

IDC what anybody says... that gen 2 busa is a monster in the right hands. There is a kid (Brandon Mitchan) at local track that runs 9.0s on a SWB gen 2. Thing only has a slip on, lowered, and gearing... thats it. Actually he just won street e.t. at manufacturers cup this weekend. The kid is sick.
On that note some know we have one of the fastest guys in the country that rides at my strip he took on his buddy that is fast as well on a new Busa same mods SWB against at the time his Gixx 1k...beat the Busa hands down even the Busa rider admitted Power to weight ratio is why he lost.

My only time racing a pure Stock 2nd Gen Busa I won and we both weighed the same my bike just lowered some both of us did 10s flat it was just rider but the MPH of the Busa on the back end showed it's nothing to mess with a strong bike....will still take a ZX14 though over a Busa but that's just me from what I seen here on my track best of both worlds fast and a Kawi. :wink:

bloo

Discussion starter · #29 ·
It was a messed up situation all around.

Organizers went back on their word and screwed Gadson. Which screwed the Discovery channel film crew and badly needed coverage for the sport. So to get them their shot he did the exhibition run for his real run (Teasley rode instead of Gadson) and took the DQ for it. Unfortunately, the organizers wanted to make him look like the bad guy and still eliminated the guy Teasley beat even though they DQ Gadson/Teasley. Lame.
i agree... rickey has been trying to prodcast this sport for awhile now with lil success. i think nascar which is big $$$ organization is taking over but if we can ever get the right coverage for our sport we will be good to go and no other guy out there better than RG imo.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.