Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a lil video i thought you guys might like.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Nice! That sucker is moving... you know which track that was at? I'm curious what the elevation was.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o yea... they was in Valdosta, GA dont no the elevation there but it is a good sticky track tho :wink:

·
Registered
97 Posts
DA was -1000 to +500 feet last weekend. My buddy said the bike had a lot more in it but he couldn't keep the front end down. Of course most people are going to stretch and lower so that issue will be addressed. Should be pretty fast.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I'm loving the new 14.... know whats the sad part, if you go on the zx14 forums, they are picking this bike apart left and right

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm loving the new 14.... know whats the sad part, if you go on the zx14 forums, they are picking this bike apart left and right
That's pretty typical. After it gets in the hands of normal people and the word is out what it will do their tune will change. I have an 08 Busa and everyone bagged on them when they were new but once they realized how much was improved it all changed. The new 14 has basically all the mods drag racers would normally do right from the factory with a warranty. I can't see how that would be bad.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
That's pretty typical. After it gets in the hands of normal people and the word is out what it will do their tune will change. I have an 08 Busa and everyone bagged on them when they were new but once they realized how much was improved it all changed. The new 14 has basically all the mods drag racers would normally do right from the factory with a warranty. I can't see how that would be bad.
:iamwithst.....the now OLD 14s are/will always be something to Recon with this NEW 14 I recon will be just as bad Arse I suggest DWB get you a new 14 :idea::wink: :lol:

Going to the International Motorcycle Show this Sunday will be actually sitting on one so will be curious about the weight and looks and it's a Kawi so not worried about the power we all know that's always there will try to take some pics. :mrgreen:

bloo

·
Registered
357 Posts
not a fan of the 14 but you gotta respect the powah and potential of that beast.

·
Registered
97 Posts
:iamwithst.....the now OLD 14s are/will always be something to Recon with this NEW 14 I recon will be just as bad Arse I suggest DWB get you a new 14 :idea::wink: :lol:

Going to the International Motorcycle Show this Sunday will be actually sitting on one so will be curious about the weight and looks and it's a Kawi so not worried about the power we all know that's always there will try to take some pics. :mrgreen:

bloo
I would like to have one but it costs so much to switch. What I really hope is Suz does the same thing as Kaw or maybe a little "less". Just update the engine and leave the the rest of the bike alone. Then I could buy one and switch all my stuff over. I figure the net cost would be not much more than just building my motor so it would be a win. The last weekend out I went 8.904 at 1695 feet DA on my stock motor Busa, n/a, pump gas, stock clutch, so a normal guy is still going to have to be on his game to beat me. We are taking a bunch of weight out of my buddy's 14 this winter so it should be pretty tough too. Nice thing about the Busa is the ECU flash capability. I can run the air shifter, progressive nitrous, multiple maps, control the secondary throttle plates, pretty much anything you want and change it any time you like. It's just amazing what all these bikes will do. I remember when running 11's at 120 was awesome with a new GSX.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the new 14's along with the new 10's is the real deal !!! suzuki makes some strong bikes but if they dont step it up there going to be behind like the rest of the competition :wink:

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
the new 14's along with the new 10's is the real deal !!! suzuki makes some strong bikes but if they dont step it up there going to be behind like the rest of the competition :wink:
They will step it up... its how the circle goes. Imagine if they didn't it would suck! No more new goodies, because Kawi would be able to just sit back and hold down the top spot without ever putting something new out. :headshake the more competition among manufacturers the better... for us.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They will step it up... its how the circle goes. Imagine if they didn't it would suck! No more new goodies, because Kawi would be able to just sit back and hold down the top spot without ever putting something new out. :headshake the more competition among manufacturers the better... for us.
yea i could only imagine :eyecrazy: but i guess we'll have to see if the new 2012 gixxer 1k will stand with the new 10. i remember when they introduce the new busa people was raping about it but we'll see if the new 14 will be the same way.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
yea i could only imagine :eyecrazy: but i guess we'll have to see if the new 2012 gixxer 1k will stand with the new 10. i remember when they introduce the new busa people was raping about it but we'll see if the new 14 will be the same way.
IDC what anybody says... that gen 2 busa is a monster in the right hands. There is a kid (Brandon Mitchan) at local track that runs 9.0s on a SWB gen 2. Thing only has a slip on, lowered, and gearing... thats it. Actually he just won street e.t. at manufacturers cup this weekend. The kid is sick.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Suzuki has serious cash flow problems right now. I hope they can hang in there. It improves everybody. Right now the new 14 will take us back to 2006 and 2007 where the 14 has a serious advantage over the Busa equally prepped and ridden. I hear Suz is skipping a year with the Busa again, like 2010. I don't expect the new Gixxer 1k to hang with the 10, at least fully prepped stock motored anyway. Bummer the ECU is such a booger on the Kaw stuff.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IDC what anybody says... that gen 2 busa is a monster in the right hands. There is a kid (Brandon Mitchan) at local track that runs 9.0s on a SWB gen 2. Thing only has a slip on, lowered, and gearing... thats it. Actually he just won street e.t. at manufacturers cup this weekend. The kid is sick.
damn 9.0's on a swb busa thats hauling ass for just them few mods. wat does he weight ? im guessing he's a fly weight :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts