Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
very nice. I saw one today at the dealer. they look fantastic. wish i could afford another bike

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Hang on a minute.....that bike has 2 miles on it and he was already beating on it. Break in period? Or.....is it different for the bigger bikes?
There are plenty of threads that will explain how a "Hard" Breakin is actually better than going easy on it. Will seal the motor better and make more power in the long run.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
There are plenty of threads that will explain how a "Hard" Breakin is actually better than going easy on it. Will seal the motor better and make more power in the long run.
And which one do you believe/follow?

And HELL YESS!!! Kwak stepped up for the new 14R

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah they are pretty sweet maybe my next bike someday!

·
Registered
71 Posts
hmmmm....then why when its new do the dealerships tell ya to take it easy? i thought that it was to make sure the seals seat properly and to ensure life of the motor......

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
hmmmm....then why when its new do the dealerships tell ya to take it easy? i thought that it was to make sure the seals seat properly and to ensure life of the motor......
A few reasons why, first off to get use tot he bike is actually one of the main reasons. The last thing they want people to do is hop on a new bike with a ton more power and not be used to the bike.

If you do some research on it there is plenty to be found about harder break in :thumbsup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
hmm if u watch the vid the 11 is only taken into the mid part of the yellow and the 2012 is taken all the way to redline , whats up with that?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
that's a impressive amount of horsepower, and weight. the 11 up zx10 would be my weapon of choice weighing 150 pounds less wet. man, i'd love to get my hands on a new ten. thumbs up to kawasaki for creating a new more powerful 14, keep in mind the 4th gen 10 forced them to by their own admission.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Has run a 9.07 with stock pipes just lowered with 40 tooth rear sprocket, no race gas,no PVC, has a brand new fleet of 2012 14's for his drag racing class the Man's doing big things in the new year. I was thinking of doing the class before, but now ,I doing it for sure.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
What was the stock gearing on the 11?? An I'm guessing the rear was a 42 stock for the 12? Just not sure why he ran them both with diff gearing?!?!? Seems to defeat the purpose of doing a comparo!

·
Registered
55 Posts
What was the stock gearing on the 11?? An I'm guessing the rear was a 42 stock for the 12? Just not sure why he ran them both with diff gearing?!?!? Seems to defeat the purpose of doing a comparo!
the 2011 zx14 is my fathers, it is completely stock from the gearing to the original wax from the dealership. so it is technically a showroom to showroom comparison.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts