Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Rickey Gadson 08 ZX10

7K views 53 replies 27 participants last post by  bluedevil 
#1 ·
:eek:ccasion1[/ATTACH]

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome and crazy numbers for the new 08 but i dont see how he can run 87 octane according to his sheet. Bike has too much compression to run that low of octane!:dontknow:

#4 ·
Hell ya Good #'s IMO:thumbsup:

#9 ·
A quote from that same thread (page 2):

(and that guy is an expert racer)

"We all have used the gsxr 1000 as the bench mark for an open bike the last few years. Having ridden a 2007 gsxr 1000 last march and a 2008 zx10r this week in my opinion the new zx10r is every bit as good as the gsxr if not better. This is not the same bike as the 2007 zx10r I rode last march. It's much improved. "

:mrgreen:

#10 ·
I wonder if those numbers are with race gas. Either way, that's a lot of power and more than what I expected for the '08. When the dealer gets one in for a demo ride, I'll just have to nip in and take it out for a test ride. For the sake of my wallet, I just hope one doesn't end up following me home like some of you guys on here.

#25 ·
if we are talking about a bone stock 08 zx10r race gas wont do anything for it...

#17 ·
I agree with the guys who think Gadson's dyno is optimistic. He is sponsored by Kawi after all.
And as for the 87 octane pump gas. That's how you get the most power out of a stock bike or anything for that matter. You want the lowest octane possible that doesn't cause "knocking". Low octane burns faster than high octane which means more hp. Our bikes do fine on the lower octane stuff until you go beyond the usual exhaust/PC mods.

#33 ·
I think I'll wait to hear some definite answers - don't want to experiment on this bike. Hell, I don't even have enough time on the bike to really know how it runs. :lol:

#40 · (Edited)
For those of you who think Rickey has a Happy dyno or gets a Happy new 10R then you need to re-evaluate the situation. For 1 yes Rickey got 1 of the first ZX14s and 2 got a ZX10R after many all over the Country got them first. Second, history shows Kawi bikes don't need to bring in Ringers like most do... them #s are for real and maybe Happy but Rickey also said the Gix 1000 were lower in HP on HIS DYNO before and Rickey was amazed of the improvement on the New 10rs compared to ALL 1000s before that...that should give an idea to all this bike is for real alone and not a Ringer unless you don't trust Rickey to be honest :heyyou:. :cool:

#48 ·
the typical stuff, Kawi awesome but the Suk wins..blah blah blah. I don't trust mags for pure evaluation, in fact they did a second Gen upgrade test with the GiPro and ran into problems..they said it works on 5th and 6th gear but they didn't like it so went back to standard setting(dumb arses didn't know that means it's stock gearing no changes) and anyone that knows me and my research knows it works on Nuetral...I think the mags got Gixxer iddas and don't know the diff. anymore between a Kawi or a Gixxer. :headshake:badteeth:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.