Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Awesome and crazy numbers for the new 08 but i dont see how he can run 87 octane according to his sheet. Bike has too much compression to run that low of octane!:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
prolly was 87octane 02 gas.......that stuff is low on octane:dontknow::dontknow: either way thats some good numbers for stock 08 for sure

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Hell ya Good #'s IMO:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
A quote from that same thread (page 2):

(and that guy is an expert racer)

"We all have used the gsxr 1000 as the bench mark for an open bike the last few years. Having ridden a 2007 gsxr 1000 last march and a 2008 zx10r this week in my opinion the new zx10r is every bit as good as the gsxr if not better. This is not the same bike as the 2007 zx10r I rode last march. It's much improved. "

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I wonder if those numbers are with race gas. Either way, that's a lot of power and more than what I expected for the '08. When the dealer gets one in for a demo ride, I'll just have to nip in and take it out for a test ride. For the sake of my wallet, I just hope one doesn't end up following me home like some of you guys on here.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I think ol' Rickey's dyno is being just a bit optimistic... :shady:

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Unless Kawasaki sends him all the "special" bikes.
Yeah I notice all bikes he test are higher than everomne elses #'s
:bs:

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I dont know about the HP reading but i myself run 87 in my 05 when its at the track and its gone 9.40's. Before on 91 the fastest it went was 50's and 60's. FYI
Its not the ocate rating I'm doubting...

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I agree with the guys who think Gadson's dyno is optimistic. He is sponsored by Kawi after all.
And as for the 87 octane pump gas. That's how you get the most power out of a stock bike or anything for that matter. You want the lowest octane possible that doesn't cause "knocking". Low octane burns faster than high octane which means more hp. Our bikes do fine on the lower octane stuff until you go beyond the usual exhaust/PC mods.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
I agree with the guys who think Gadson's dyno is optimistic. He is sponsored by Kawi after all.
And as for the 87 octane pump gas. That's how you get the most power out of a stock bike or anything for that matter. You want the lowest octane possible that doesn't cause "knocking". Low octane burns faster than high octane which means more hp. Our bikes do fine on the lower octane stuff until you go beyond the usual exhaust/PC mods.
:+1:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
:+1:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts