Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to meet up with Older Guy to ride today, heading up the Artesia Ramp to get on the 405S i pass a popo heading getting off the ramp. Think nothing of it, cont on, i pass a bunch of cars and get to the right lane, passing over the 110 ramp, and then i hear "woo woo woo", WTF? POPO!!

Pull over, he gets on the intercom: "stop the bike, drop the key to the right of the bike, take off your helmet..." ok jackass, does it look like i intend to run? Of course i comply, he walks over, picks up the key, then the normal routine. So i wait cuz i know whats next, "why do you have a TX license and plates"? Well i am military sir, ok let me see your ID. Alrighty, now do you have a motorcyle license? Yes sir, show him. About that time he says i was speeding and then i reply i am not a squid etc.

It was perfect timing b/c as i said my squid comment, one went by. He hands me my stuff back, and says well i am gonna go see if i can catch him!!

No ticket, warning nothing.

Now as i geared back up i thought the biker that passed by me was doing nothing wrong IMO, can't tell he was speeding across 5 lanes of traffic, but yet this guy was goona try to go catch him! i think these popo's pull you over for no reason out here!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
Going to meet up with Older Guy to ride today, heading up the Artesia Ramp to get on the 405S i pass a popo heading getting off the ramp. Think nothing of it, cont on, i pass a bunch of cars and get to the right lane, passing over the 110 ramp, and then i hear "woo woo woo", WTF? POPO!!

Pull over, he gets on the intercom: "stop the bike, drop the key to the right of the bike, take off your helmet..." ok jackass, does it look like i intend to run? Of course i comply, he walks over, picks up the key, then the normal routine. So i wait cuz i know whats next, "why do you have a TX license and plates"? Well i am military sir, ok let me see your ID. Alrighty, now do you have a motorcyle license? Yes sir, show him. About that time he says i was speeding and then i reply i am not a squid etc.

It was perfect timing b/c as i said my squid comment, one went by. He hands me my stuff back, and says well i am gonna go see if i can catch him!!

No ticket, warning nothing.

Now as i geared back up i thought the biker that passed by me was doing nothing wrong IMO, can't tell he was speeding across 5 lanes of traffic, but yet this guy was goona try to go catch him! i think these popo's pull you over for no reason out here!
Sounds like that Cops days are numbered if he's trying to catch bikes...nothing good can happen with that attitude.:badteeth:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Bad attitude from that one. I always pull over, haven't run into a cop like this yet but I know they are out there.

BTW, I was hauling ass up the 405N from just after the 110 split.. but I am guessing that 'squid' was not me!

Perfect day for riding tho.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
and I get pulled over leading the group up Montezuma in Borrego Springs....cop shows me radar at 72 mph.....gives me a warning....in the meantime, my buddies scatter....

Rick...aren't you to take a bullet for me...serving your country and all?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
:eek:t: They out to get us. I went to meet some friends yesterday and I was running late so I admit I was doing 80 plus. I saw CHP coming up hard so I slowed and he was right on me for like 15 min. I switch lane he switch lane. It was like we were playing do what I do. He got on the left side of me then on the right side. I just looked at him and threw my hands up and said WTF...He shook head like this :headshake and sped off. He cause traffic to back up because no one would pass him because I was doing 55.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Older Guy said:
Rick...aren't you to take a bullet for me...serving your country and all?

well he wasn't shooting a gun with bullets at ya now was he?

·
I bleed Green!
2,612 Posts
Ive been let off a few times. I try not to keep my regestration ( how every you spell it) with me. Why you ask, a few times instead of a speeding ticket they gave me a ticket for not haveing it. Much better then a fat speeding ticket I'll say.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I got two tickets now on the 10R, both were CHP on BMW's useing that radar that calculates closing speed. The first time they had a cruiser parked at the end of Big Tejunga, and the BMW cop would just radio your speed to the car.

The secound time the BMW cop was behind a tree, and walked out into the road and waved me over.

65 in a 55 in the middle of noware!!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Rick I know how you feel man. I hate the cops down here. I had an sv650 before my 10r and the speedo broke on it so I am just cruisin the freeway going the same speed as everyone else so I dont look like I am speeding fucking cop just followed me for 5 miles then lit me up. could of went after any of the other cars out there but went for me. I think they get a hard on when they give bikers tickets. they probably go back and tell there buddies that a bike tried to run from them and he caught them or something. anyways FTP and f*ck socal cops especially. man the suck

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I feel you Shenanigans. They pulled me over Sat night after I got some mushu from this chick. Man I had no ins, no proof resergation and no plates. Man I thought they was gonna take my baby instead the officer was cool and gave me a citation. So I have 2 monts b4 I go 2 court

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I pretty much hate cops myself. However my dad and I ran into a good one the other day. We were coming back from getting my bike tuned and we were just cruisin down the highway. All the sudden we saw a massive clearing in front of us for a good mile or so. We look behind us and nothing close. We slow down to about 45 or 50 and nail em. I backed off real quick at about 150 and dad kept running. Said it was the fastest he's ever been. I'd say somewhere around 170mph and wam theres a cop with his windows down off the side of the road. Dad slammed on the brakes and pulled over. About that time I finally get to where the cop can see me, I'm probably running 70 cause I saw dad slam on the brakes. Cop was just waving us... I thought to pull over but I kept looking at him and he was distinctly saying go on. I pulled up to dad and said lets go. Cop never made a move. I know he knew we were draggin them cause the Arata is loud and my dad's built 12R is really really loud. I guess he figured we could slide since A) we began to pull over after going 150+ B) no cars where around. Still very lucky and very out of the ordinary.

I was simply amazed!!!!!!!!! Thank God for the cop being in a good mood.

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you Cali riders need assistance beating your performance awards PM me. I have made a career of beating tickets, no I am not a lawyer, I got tired of the of the "Roadside Taxation" and "Just Us" system. It's not hard but requires a little effort on your part and you will have to go to court. Besides it is somewhat gratifying to know when they pull a wants and warrants and see all my tickets with a disposition of "acquitted" and I tell them "You know we're going to court and I'm going to win." unless their brother is the judge. It is also gratifying to deposit that check from the Superior Court of California even though it was my money to begin with.:mrgreen:

For the record I think the CHP is a joke and would rather see their contract dramatically reduced and their activities confined to commercial inspection. The money saved would be better spent with local LE who are actually fighting crime. If the CHP would learn to recognize responsible riders (M1 endorsement, Insurance, proper gear, etc) warnings would be more than adequate for most riders.

I know there are some LE on here as well as other boards I'm on and you need to understand that saftey on a motorcycle and saftey in a car are two different animals. The 85th percentile rule which is what traffic engineering surveys establish is based on cars. If you did the same survey but only allowed motorcycles, the speed limits would be significantly higher. Secondly. the majority of accidents involving MCs and cages are cruiser type motorcycles. Statistically speaking the 'gay pirate costume' crowd and POS oil to noise converters can't get out of the way or manuever. Yet the sport bike crowd continually gets lumped into this MC fatality column. Our accidents dominate the single vehicle column.:wink:

Anyway, it cost the system more money when you fight your speeding tickets and if more people would fight them it would remove economic incentive to continually save us from ourselves. Anyway, fight the power, they aren't so tough in court if you are prepared. Sometimes it can be down right funny watching them tap dance and back track during 131 question disposition about procedure, training, and radar technology.:crackup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just flash my badge, lmao. And it's all good.....
:thefinger
but seriously, i know some of my comrades can be assholes. i never pull over a bike. too risky if they try to run. not worth it......

·
Registered
362 Posts
My brush with LE worked out good for me. Got pulled over Friday doing 70 in a 55. He got me coming around a blind curve as I was passing some cagers. As I was waiting for him to write the ticket he pulls forward in his car and gives me all my stuff back and says he got a call about some guy threating sucide. I wished him lucked with his call and said thanks for the freebe. But I have to admit that it has been about 10 years since I got a ticket (no bike just my truck) but since I have been riding every cop watches me as I pass. I think my days are numbered.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
For the record I think the CHP is a joke and would rather see their contract dramatically reduced and their activities confined to commercial inspection. The money saved would be better spent with local LE who are actually fighting crime. If the CHP would learn to recognize responsible riders (M1 endorsement, Insurance, proper gear, etc) warnings would be more than adequate for most riders.

I know there are some LE on here as well as other boards I'm on and you need to understand that saftey on a motorcycle and saftey in a car are two different animals. The 85th percentile rule which is what traffic engineering surveys establish is based on cars. If you did the same survey but only allowed motorcycles, the speed limits would be significantly higher. Secondly. the majority of accidents involving MCs and cages are cruiser type motorcycles. Statistically speaking the 'gay pirate costume' crowd and POS oil to noise converters can't get out of the way or manuever. Yet the sport bike crowd continually gets lumped into this MC fatality column. Our accidents dominate the single vehicle column.:wink:

You know that statement is SOOOO true, I am not indorsing speeding, but there are HUGE differences of a squid (wearing tank top, shorts, SPEEDING on the streets or freeway with no lic or Ins) vs someone with FULL leathers, lic'd 15 years, bike all done properly (meaning if he has all the extra, sliders, pipe, etc) and insurance and is doing 10 mph over or what not, should be given a chance if he is cool about it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts