Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped using my TRE months ago because I could never get it to function w/o causing an amazingly large dead spot at under 3500 RPM. I have Ivan's map and have tryed all, but a custom one. I want to try it again. Any suggestions???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,682 Posts
I live by the beach and kws told me the ivans map wont work due to the air being different here. uhhh im not sue how to upload maps but i will try. ugg couldnt do it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sczx10r said:
I live by the beach and kws told me the ivans map wont work due to the air being different here. uhhh im not sue how to upload maps but i will try. ugg couldnt do it...
The air is different?? Hows that?? Are u sure they weren't talking about temp. and climate? Do you have a map that works? If so can I get a copy of the file?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
sosmc1 said:
I stopped using my TRE months ago because I could never get it to function w/o causing an amazingly large dead spot at under 3500 RPM. I have Ivan's map and have tryed all, but a custom one. I want to try it again. Any suggestions???
If you want it to run it's best, you'll need a custom map for your bike. Not one from another bike. Also, did you rotate the sub-throttle sensor? If not, you will have a dead-zone at lower rpms. If you aren't willing to get a custom map made for your bike, I suggest you leave the TRE off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did rotate the sub throttle sensor, but no go. I have not had the best luck with custom maps over the years, but maybe one more try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
sosmc1 said:
I did rotate the sub throttle sensor, but no go. I have not had the best luck with custom maps over the years, but maybe one more try.
Your sig says you're in SoCal. Take it to Louis at L&L Motorsports. He has a dyno in a trailer and knows his shit. He can usually be found on any race day at Willow Springs, but you should give him a call to confirm. Does many of the local racers' bikes. Did mine, too. You won't be disappointed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx i'll do that. Do you know his usual rates?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,682 Posts
I live by the beach witch = lower air pressure. and DO NOT rotate the subthrotle position sensor. this will cause throtlebody problems. throtlebodies are $1200 I have dyno charts to prove 173 rwhp trust me i know what im talking about. yes i have a map but i dont know how to post it. everytime i try it trys to post the whole pc3 program..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have to go into your file and copy the map byitself then post it. Thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,682 Posts
ok i'll see if i can. brb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,682 Posts
........ keeps giving me invalid file. you think it might be the new zx-10r.net softwhare?
 

·
Accountant in training.
Joined
·
2,847 Posts
sosmc1 said:
You have to go into your file and copy the map byitself then post it. Thanx

You also need to zip it.... I don't believe that you can upload an uncompressed map file... Or maybe you can, but not to this site. BD can probably confirm this.


Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,682 Posts
oh got i hate undoing bra's ziping and unziping my be an issue. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,682 Posts
done it's in the pc map postings page 15
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
sczx10r said:
I live by the beach witch = lower air pressure. and DO NOT rotate the subthrotle position sensor. this will cause throtlebody problems.
OK. Not tryin' to mess with you, but lower elevation (as in "by the beach" -- sealevel) = HIGHER air pressure, not lower. And your MAP sensor can compensate for it, up to a point. Again, this shows why you need a FI map for YOUR bike. Not Ivan's or anyone else's.

And the bike will run better if you rotate the sub-throttle sensor. But don't hamfist it, or you can damage it. And as SC mentions, you can't buy it individually -- only with the $1k throttle-body assy.

Mine's been this way for 2 years and runs great, and waaaaay better than it did w/o the sensor adjustment. YMMV. :ayyy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
sosmc1 said:
thanx i'll do that. Do you know his usual rates?
Paid Louis $200 for the custom map. That was over a year ago, so don't know what he currently charges, but I remember at the time, he was about $50 less than a lot of others had quoted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CanyonCarver said:
Paid Louis $200 for the custom map. That was over a year ago, so don't know what he currently charges, but I remember at the time, he was about $50 less than a lot of others had quoted.
Thanks
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top