Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been using the Pit-Bull Forward Handle Rear stand for a few months now, and wanted to share my experiences with you guys.

First let me start by saying avoid the PowerStands forward handle rear stand at all costs. It is a POS. At the time, I had a 2006 ZX-10R and the handle on the stand woulnd't clear the gas tank or my frame sliders. So I called the manufacturer and they told me to just turn the stand around backwards.(WTF?!) I also wasn't impressed with the build quality. The spool holders were not straight and it was just shoddy all around.

So i returned that POS and called Pit-Bull, telling them about my experience. They said their stand should work but if it didn't they would build one with a custom handle at no extra charge! Talk about customer service!

I ordered the stand, and it works like a charm. It is extremely easy to put the bike on the rear stand by myself now, with no worry of the bike tipping over. I am not the strongest guy (5'11" 160lbs), but I have no trouble at all lifting the bike up easily. The build quality is fantastic. Everything fits perfectly and the mounting hardware is at least 3x beefier than the PowerStands.

Anyone who is looking for a rear stand, or has been looking for an improvement over the standard rear stands, should definitely check this out.

Here is a link to the product site, which includes a video demonstration:
http://www.pit-bull.com/Merchant2/m...-000&Category_Code=forward_handle_rear_stands

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Thank you for the review. I'll be on the market for a new rear stand soon. I already have a pit-bull triple tree front stand and eager to replace my t-rex rear stand with a pit-bull one. Was on the fence to which rear stand I should get since I was still on the fence with the forward handle rear stand. No link BTW for the video.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Looking at that video, is it hard to tell that the hooks are on both spools?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Love mine as well.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at that video, is it hard to tell that the hooks are on both spools?
It's not hard after you do it a few times.

I always slide the stand under while the bike is on the stand, then lift the bike vertical, get the left side spool lined up, and then adjust for the right side spool.

Once you get the hang of it, it literally takes less than 30 seconds to get the bike in the air.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looks very easy and effective.

Can you spin the rear wheel whilst up on the stand?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Looks very easy and effective.

Can you spin the rear wheel whilst up on the stand?
:spit: i would hope so or the purpose of the stand would be kinda worthless.........legitimate question though:eek:ccasion1

Good write up and review man, i've dealt with pit bull a couple times and they've always came thru and went above and beyond to make things happen.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have actually seen some (sub-par) stands not get the bike high enough to completely clear the ground.

You definitely won't have that problem with anything Pit-Bull makes though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts