Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of Greggs Customs billet fender eliminator filler plates (without signals or tag bracket) so I thought I'd post up a review. Just got them in today and couldn't wait to fill those unsightly holes with these beautiful pieces! The fit seems perfect and the finish is excellent. The paint match looks good, although where they mount it would be all but impossible to see even a moderate mismatch. This just isn't a critical part for color match. I doubt people would ever notice if they were just gloss black with no metallic. :wink:

Anyway... The install is extremely simple. The hardest thing would be removing the factory fender and signal assembly and even that is as easy as two bolts, two nuts, and a few wiring connectors. With my fender/signals already removed all I had to do was find my loctite (time to buy another tube!), put the fillers into the holes in the undertail, loctite the included (size 3 allen head) screws and run them into the fillers from inside the trunk. Took maybe two minutes including fumbling around with the loctite.

The fillers pull the undertail back up snug against the trunk floor like the stock fender did, so that should put a stop to any flopping the tail section might have been doing before. They aren't quite flush mount, but they just barely sit higher than the holes in the tail. They blend in well with the tail and really clean it up compared to running with holes and no fillers.

I'm happy with the quality, fit, and finish of these fillers. The only thing I'd change is I'd like to have had a set without the tag bracket mounting holes, but I'm not sure that's even a possibility unless I had Gregg custom make a set without them. I'll find small black plugs for them or get some black headed screws and take care of those. :wink:

And now for the pics... I'll try to get better installed shots later. Gotta go take a nap now so I can work a side job tonight... :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.