Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought Id post my opinion of my GPR.

I have the new version thats pinless.

Mainly I wanted to say that this w/e at during my race and very near Hi-side, the GPR did its job fantastically, and Im confident if I didn't have it or another damper I would have surely crashed!

The main "problem" and I put it quotes because I suspect its a common thing with all dampers, but I really noticed this w/e with hot atmosphere temps and really riding hard, the oil inside the damper got really hot and the damper loosened up.

WHen I was int the Pits, I had it on 6 and a half, and could barely maneuver the bike at slow speeds...after the race, it was practically turning freely. Perhaps I need to change the oil in mine though.

Either way, its a great damper that works, just need to be aware that under serious riding conditions you may want to bump er up a notch or two!

·
Registered
385 Posts
i had the complete opposite effect on mine in the heat. bike had been sitting out in the sun for a while. bars turned freely with it set at 6. thought oh well, it's broken. got rolling down the road and completely back to normal.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You can sent them back into GPR once a year and they will clean them and change the oil for free. They even upgraded mine to the newer model which is 8 position and is infinetaly adj compaired to the old 6 position one.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
deputydog95 said:
i had the complete opposite effect on mine in the heat. bike had been sitting out in the sun for a while. bars turned freely with it set at 6. thought oh well, it's broken. got rolling down the road and completely back to normal.
Well I think that was b/c you were goin down the road and the damper cooled back down. Wind from riding prolly.

Ive done plenty track days and havn't noticed it before...wasn't till I raced this w/e till it got "hot" on me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
:dontknow: I've got one of those "stepless" GPR dampers on mine and it's GREAT. It's set on 3 (out of 6) for track riding and 2 for street riding. On track in 100 degree heat the oil does get hot and thin out a bit, but set on #3 it's exactly what I want. It's not intrusive when I need to flick around corners and it calms the big shakes quickly. Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You want it stiffer....fill it with heavier weight fork oil. That's what GPR told me when I had to send mine back in to get the seal replaced....it was leaking all over my bike.

·
Registered
371 Posts
:eek:p: DB are you sure it was the "oil" leaking all over your bike. Everytime I get on mine my mule starts leaking a clear liquid which is mostly absorbed by my huggies

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
joecop30 said:
:eek:p: DB are you sure it was the "oil" leaking all over your bike. Everytime I get on mine my mule starts leaking a clear liquid which is mostly absorbed by my huggies
Yuck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts