Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive looked around and can't find anything that answers this question. When Im trying to reconnect the red/greens wires they dont touch, so what im wondering is if its ok to just use a cap to connect them or would that act as a resistor or something? So yeah just trying to see if they will be fine capping and using electrical tape.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Just solder in a new piece of wire that will connect the two. Cut the wire back a little further on the harness side to give you some room to make it tidy.

You can buy what you need for under $20. You'll use it again and it's easy to do. I'm sure if you use google you'll find some directions.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
X2 to what Drick said.

Be sure to clean the solder connections with isopropyl alcohol, heat shrink it then electrical tape it. You want it to be as near air tight as possible. Moisture can find its way in there through humidity, condensation, rain, etc. If it does over time it will start to oxidize the copper and basically rot out your wiring and you'll be looking at a more in depth (and expensive) repair. Do it right; spend the the extra couple of bucks on heat shrink and take the extra 10 minutes to properly finish the job. Those 10 minutes and $4 now can be the difference between enjoying your machine or enjoying downtime and potentially expensive repair.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
When I did mine I installed butt connectors on both ends so that it would be easy to undo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts