Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pretty shitty road, and at 105 with sudden hard braking, the rear wheel came up, and back down causing the whole bike (except the front) to shudder back and forth for half a second. It was pretty violent and felt similar to a tank slapper.

Be careful out there guys.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
too much front; 105 is nothing for me on crap roads but don't recall hammering front at that speed. Unclear of the entire situation framework but at this point, over reaction.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
too much front; 105 is nothing for me on crap roads but don't recall hammering front at that speed. Unclear of the entire situation framework but at this point, over reaction.
I estimate 1000hp+ mustang playing mouse hitting his brakes in a spot where there was no reason too. I didn't hammer the brakes but I definitely hit them hard, and the uneven road surface helped bounce the rear up. Additionally I was slightly leaning/moving to the left side of the lane so I could get a better view/entry of the blind turn coming up which contributed to the side to side shuddering when the rear landed back on the pavement.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you were playing chase with a mustang? Yeah, you’re lucky-
Yep, very lucky. All the more reason I need to get my suspension setup. Still running lowest preload setting on OEM rear shock - not by choice, it's how I received the bike from showroom floor. Furthermore my tire pressure is high for increased mileage, which I'm sure also contributed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts