Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any of u guys know how to reverse shift with the stock rear sets, or wich rear sets would be the best to buy for this pourpose.???????? thanx in advance

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
I think most of the aftermarket rear sets give you the option. I know the sato ones do.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have done it on my stock ones, very simple. See where the rod clamps to the transmission? Just take out that screw and take the clamp off, turn it 180 degrees from what it was, put it back on, put the screw back in and vuala... you've got backwards shifting 1 up 5 down. You may need to cut a notch in your lower fairing to allow for movement of the shift rod, but only about the size of a nickel.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I have satos but I don't see why you couldn't reverse the stock rear sets. Only potential problem would be the height of the shifter if you can't adjust the height.

Just do what maineiac said. I had to notch my fairing too but its no big deal. I used a dremel tool.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have done it on my stock ones, very simple. See where the rod clamps to the transmission? Just take out that screw and take the clamp off, turn it 180 degrees from what it was, put it back on, put the screw back in and vuala... You've got backwards shifting 1 up 5 down. You may need to cut a notch in your lower fairing to allow for movement of the shift rod, but only about the size of a nickel.
+1

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
When you unbolt the shifter at the tranny just make sure you hold the lever itself so that it is positioned in the same spot.

·
GEN II Driver
2,891 Posts
reverse shifting is kind of a pain in the arse unless you're into it or need the clearance in left turns to upshift. .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts