Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, found the rev limiter today. I was out on a nice strip of road practicing my drag launches for a show down I have w/ a guy at work ('04 R1), and on one of the launches, I missed the shift light. Don't ask, I don't know how I could miss it, but the next thing I knew the limiter kicked in and it was like DAMN...who slammed on the brakes. I've bounce my TT-600 before, but it was just a slight hiccup compared to this. Maybe it was the tremendous acceleration force comming to an abrupt end, but it was so harsh, it rocked me foward into the tank. I think I'm going to set the light a little lower so I have time after it comes on to sort myself out.

But as this is the racing section, the real reason i'm writing is to get an idea on a good launch rpm. I start at 4,000 and ride the clutch to about 8 at not quite full throttle. After 8, the clutch is fully out and i'm trying to get the last bit of twist while keeping the front down. Next is a clutchless shift to second, where I just have to relax and let the bars wobble. Next shift and the bike's stable. I have yet to do this at the strip, so I don't know about ET's, but I would like some advice. My bikes got the factory suspension set up, so wheelies are an issue.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was out yesterday practicing the same thing. I bought a set of swingarm extensions, pushed my back wheel out about five inches, and now the only problem I have is smoking the tire. I started practicing using garceeya's(sp?) technique, 1-2k then dumping the throttle/clutch at the line. It's kinda tricky and I started getting the hang of it. Like I said, only problem was about 40-50mph, my rpms would go to redline because the tire broke traction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts