Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard you can bump your rev limiter thru the pc. Is this true. What and how is it done

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Heard you can bump your rev limiter thru the pc. Is this true. What and how is it done
you need to have the ignition module from power commander, then you can go on their site and fill out a forum and fax or email it to them telling them your mods and they will decide how many rpms they will give you.... and thats if it works all the time I know the 04-05's always had problems of getting consistant RPM's I know mine never worked......

you could always send the ECU out to be flashed by guhl motors.... www.guhlmotors.com

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Has anybody on here gone to guhl for actual tuning? I need a retune in spring and my last tuner is no longer in business so I need somebody new and not too far away.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
How much of a difference will a flashed ecu make on a 3rd gen??
On a scale of 1-10.... 10 being the best
IMO i feel that getting your ecu flashed will give you gains but by no means will your bike have the "perfect tune"....He can only get it but so close without having the bike infront of him and doing pull on the dyno to check the results and make the corrections needed....Just think about it have you ever taken your bike to get tuned. I bet the guy did a pull or two on the dyno saw the chart made corrections , made a pull again , made correction and so on.....How can that be done of the top of a guys head by just telling him the mods that you done.....

·
Registered
306 Posts
my dptune flashed ecu is so good that I yanked the auto tune and PCV out.
I intended to let it to "perfect" the flashed ecu but it really didnt change much.
I jerked the stuff out for simplification.
my rev limit is now 14000, the timing is no longer retarded and the secondaries no longer limit acceleration of course the ignition and fuel map is tuned.

the bike sounds different now instead of bizzzzzzzzz idling it is now BUZZZZZZZZZ. much more agitated sound now when riding too.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Or buy a kit ecu and stop being cheap... I have the pc cable which I would be more than happy to rent you for a low fee.... Lol
Are you kidding me:rolleyes: Why pay 600 for a ECU then another 600 for the cable when you can have the same stuff just not from kawi for $700??? You call it cheap, but you would be stupid not to save money and then spend it on a custom flash-tune and still have coin left over. Cheap my ass:lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
my dptune flashed ecu is so good that I yanked the auto tune and PCV out.
I intended to let it to "perfect" the flashed ecu but it really didnt change much.
I jerked the stuff out for simplification.
my rev limit is now 14000, the timing is no longer retarded and the secondaries no longer limit acceleration of course the ignition and fuel map is tuned.

the bike sounds different now instead of bizzzzzzzzz idling it is now BUZZZZZZZZZ. much more agitated sound now when riding too.
:+1: I also had a flash tune from Joe at dptune. I have nothing bad to say about it, hell I'm to busy grinning to say anything at all:mrgreen:

·
Registered
380 Posts
1303 potthast dr
new braunfels TX.

phone #678 488 1011
http://www.dptune.com/

Give him a ring and tell him you read it on here. Also (don't qoute me here) he might be able to just raise the rev limiter if that is all you want. I had mine raised, timing eliminated, fuel and ignition mapped. There are many other things he can do as well. Joe knows his stuff, real personable too.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Are you kidding me:rolleyes: Why pay 600 for a ECU then another 600 for the cable when you can have the same stuff just not from kawi for $700??? You call it cheap, but you would be stupid not to save money and then spend it on a custom flash-tune and still have coin left over. Cheap my ass:lol:
You can find a kit ecu used for about $300 you just have to be patient and my buddy black10r know he can always use my pc cable...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts