Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to change the seat color on my 08zx10 to green like the new 09 monsters. has anyone ever done this? any suggestions. the Green sharpie doesn't really work too well.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
go get your seats covered by a local shop, I'm getting my bikes seats covered in snake skin for free from a buddy cause I helped him out with a couple things with his bikes. I could check on prices with his shop for you? And no the snake skin seats arent going on my zx10r but on my 954rr stunt bike cause right now I have a feather pillow look going haha

·
5,932 Posts
I can tell you that the main seat of a 09 zx6r is def. not the same size as its big brother the 09 zx10r. I work at a dealership in parts, and the parts numbers are not the same, along with the size, the rear seat will fit but not your seat. so best thing you could do is buy the rear and get the front recovered to match, yes I checked my books here at work for you to, so dont waste your time.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
No need to pay someone to do it. It is pretty easy. I have recovered both of mine with black alcantra.
Basically, just remove the staples holding the stock cover, trace out the patern with the old seat cover making the new one a little bigger so you have some room to work with. Get a heavy duty staple gun from Lowes, and 1/2 inch staples and go to town, even with the heavy duty staple gun they probably will not go all the way in, thats fine, when you get the cover stretched out like you want it you can go back with a blunt object and push all the staples in all the way, that works well cause it then pulls the cover that little bit tighter.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool! you did that yourself! i like the green seat on the monster. i got the tape and the monster claws. the green seat just looks cool on the black bikes!

·
5,932 Posts
yeah couldnt agree more, you can always do it your self or buy a back and match the front, what ever floats your boat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts