Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
He was such a badass, but it really pisses me off when I hear about that kind of stuff. Of course there could always be the what if it was a murder kind of thing. But if it was intentional. I must say what a piece of shit. I'm fed up with seein people that have accomplished so much and have made such a great life for themselves just to throw it all away. Its just sad...

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
RIP! One of my fav players of all time! Played the game the way it's supposed to be! So sad! :sad: :headshake

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Legend!

Attachments

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
Oh NO! No... Oh man, that one hurts. I loved this guy. I have his game jersey hanging in my room.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sad yes. But he obviously had serious problems few knew about. Suicide is strange. Ive been seriously down in the dumps but suicide was never close to being a serious thought. There must be something that shuts off for these unfortunate souls. Or turns on. Rip

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Yea man it does! :headshake

Oh NO! No... Oh man, that one hurts. I loved this guy. I have his game jersey hanging in my room.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
He was such a badass, but it really pisses me off when I hear about that kind of stuff. Of course there could always be the what if it was a murder kind of thing. But if it was intentional. I must say what a piece of shit. I'm fed up with seein people that have accomplished so much and have made such a great life for themselves just to throw it all away. Its just sad...
And what do you know about his "great" life?

Evidently he committed suicide to piss everyone off. That's the most common reason people kill themselves. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you look into the Superbowl team he was on there is some strange finale destination stuff going on.
Seven players from that Super Bowl team have passed away before the age of 45.

• Five months after that Super Bowl, LB David Griggs drove his car off a freeway ramp and slammed into a sign pole. Subsequent tests would show that his blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit.

• In 1996, RB Rodney Culver and his wife were aboard ValuJet FLight 592 from Miami to Atlanta when it crashed into the Everglades, killing all on board.

• In 1998, LB Doug Miller was struck by lightning while camping in Colorado. CPR was being performed on Miller when he was struck again by a second bolt.

• In 2008, C Curtis Whitley was found dead in his trailer in Texas. Whitley had a history of substance abuse and had twice been suspended by the NFL, and toxicology results pointed to an accidental overdose.

• Also in 2008, DE Chris Mims was discovered facedown on the bathroom floor of his Los Angeles apartment. An autopsy revealed an enlarged heart, and Mims weighed 456 pounds at his death.

• Earlier this year, DT Shawn Lee died from cardiac arrest brought on by years of complications with diabetes.

• On Thursday, Bush suffered a heart attack at his home in San Diego. Since retiring in 2002, friends say he had struggled with his weight.

http://deadspin.com/5867720/death-is-stalking-the-1994-chargers

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
And what do you know about his "great" life?

Evidently he committed suicide to piss everyone off. That's the most common reason people kill themselves. :rolleyes:
Uhhh for one he won a freakin super bowl... I would say thats pretty freakin great! He was one of the best players to play the game. Again I'd say thats pretty freakin great! Wouldn't you???? :heyyou::headshake

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
sad yes. But he obviously had serious problems few knew about. Suicide is strange. Ive been seriously down in the dumps but suicide was never close to being a serious thought. There must be something that shuts off for these unfortunate souls. Or turns on. Rip
+1

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
Sad news indeed. With all due respect for Junior Seau but people who commit suicide are IMO selfish. They leave behind their loved ones, friends, fans and those who look up to him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/05/02/junior.seau/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a0

This article from SI could possible link his suicide to brain trauma/concussions from playing football all those years. Not sure, maybe he was depressed or financial issues. No know really knows.

For the record, he never won a Super Bowl. He played in 2 I believe but never got himself a much deserved ring. He will be missed! :sad:

·
2,156 Posts
Uhhh for one he won a freakin super bowl... I would say thats pretty freakin great! He was one of the best players to play the game. Again I'd say thats pretty freakin great! Wouldn't you???? :heyyou::headshake
As an accomplishment? Yes. But that's not everything. Everybody has their own life with all its problems. When you look at his, you only see football, and you only see it when you look. He was immersed in his life 24/7 and in all of it, with all the issues he might have had.

·
2,156 Posts
Sad news indeed. With all due respect for Junior Seau but people who commit suicide are IMO selfish. They leave behind their loved ones, friends, fans and those who look up to him.
People who commit suicide usually do it because of the insufferable pain. Saying that they're selfish is ignorant at best.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts