Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I seen somewhere on here about a reset procedure from limp mode. Tried searching and couldn't find it. Issue I'm having, is I installed Brocks 3/4 slip on and pcV. Followed all directions to a T, started the bike and had a check engine light come on. Couldn't find anywhere on how to look up the code being I don't have a tech tool. Took it for a little ride, about an hour later my warning indicator lit up, and my power modes are flashing. I cannot switch my power modes. So I was wondering if a reset would help, or if anybody can point me in the right direction.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,707 Posts
There's no way to reset it. Once the error has been corrected and issue is fixed, there's a procedure for clearing the CEL, but there's nothing to reset in the ECU. You can pull the power to it from the battery but that's not going to do anything.

Follow these procedures to find the code. Should be the same as a Gen 4:
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/all-gens-so-your-fi-light-218666.html

Frankly, you've dinked something up installing the other parts. Typically if the power mode indicators are lit up like a Christmas tree, it's because the ECU isn't plugged in properly. That's the first thing I'd be looking at on yours. Connectors in a seated properly.

Reactions: lukky14

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,707 Posts
Here is the manual clearing procedure.
View attachment 375154

If you have the Woolich system, you can clear the codes by going into diagnostics and hitting the reset fault codes button.

Otherwise you can also take it into the dealership and they can clear it with the KDS system.

Note, if you clear them and the fault isn't fixed, it will only be a temporary fix as it will pop up again. So best to use the procedure to pull the code and see if there is any issue that may have caused it.
Hey Anthony. Can you confirm for me the code procedure? Is it the same as the G4 for getting the error codes? I wanna update my sticky for the FI functions on the G5 and add that manual procedure for clearing it. Thanks.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,707 Posts
Gracious buddy! I'll update my sticky so you don't have to keep reposting these in the future. I hate reposts. :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
A questions to the gurus.....

when a Fi code is shown, as soon as the problem is fixed,when you start the bike again it will not show it...

like when you forget to connect the temp sensor in airbox when you connect it it clears.

why use this procedure???

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm obviously no guru, but from talking with Brocks, in the gen 5's the codes will not automatically clear like in the past. Have to have a flash to clear yourself, or have Kawi do it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,707 Posts
A questions to the gurus.....

when a Fi code is shown, as soon as the problem is fixed,when you start the bike again it will not show it...

like when you forget to connect the temp sensor in airbox when you connect it it clears.

why use this procedure???
On the Gen 4 that is correct. On the Gen 5 it's not. The ECU needs several ignition on/off cycles before it will clear a corrected code. You have to manually force the clearing with the above procedure or just know you've resolved the problem and ride around with the light on until the ECU is convinced it's fixed.

This is a pain in the ass for Gen 5 owners, because it's rather complicated and involved compared to the Gen 4. But every Gen 4 owner who has seen an intermittent FI light and couldn't retrieve an older code to know what caused the problem would like this feature.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,707 Posts
Anybody have the codes listing for gen 5's? I'm getting a 33 and 67 code.
Again, should be the same a the G4:

Code 33 = Oxygen Sensor not activated
Code 67 = Oxygen Sensor Heater

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome. Wasnt sure if the codes would be the same being the gen 5's are compleyely different from my understanding. You guys are seriously the best. Never got this much help from a forum when I had my Blade.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
*update*

Bike is fixed, codes are gone. After talking with dynojet, the o2 sensor can only be deleted with an ECU flash. Followed the resetting procedure you guys provided, and everything is all good now. Appreciate all the help again fellas!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts