Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reset the street sag settings on the 10 from 28mm to 33mm and no more tire spin just squat and go I weigh 160lbs what sag are most of you boys running for the street?

·
Registered
112 Posts
:thumbsup: Sag is standard,only changed rebound and compression settings. :bump: Never had a problem with unwanted wheel spin. :bump:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
bigolekaw said:
reset the street sag settings on the 10 from 28mm to 33mm and no more tire spin just squat and go I weigh 160lbs what sag are most of you boys running for the street?
I have 28mm rider sag but its with a Penske :badteeth:

BD

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I set front and rear (with wheels off the ground, for the extended end of the measurement) at 30 mm. That's a generally recommended measurement for brisk pace public road riding. I can't say squat about the final outcome till it is final. But say next summer? RoK ON :eek:ccasion1 Oh, PS with all gear on, I'm 185, a runt with heavy gear :helmet:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Can you set sag with the bike on stands. I need to do mine and can not get ahold of anyone to help me out with getting the bike upright.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
sneaky said:
Can you set sag with the bike on stands. I need to do mine and can not get ahold of anyone to help me out with getting the bike upright.
Find at least 1 person and you can manage Ok, otherwise its a futile attempt.

BD

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Ah, rear stand isn't going to cut it ( we are talking race stands here aren't we?) that type just raises the rear wheel off the ground, with the support on the swing arm, and as far as the suspension is concerned, the weight is still on the un-sprung part of the bike. I did all my measurements by myself, but, by taking off the lower plastic, and securing the bike with tie down straps (which can be a little loose, this is just an anti-tip over thing) and jacking and blocking under the engine to support the bike, for the off ground extention of suspension, and, a plastic tie strap (that can slide) on the front fork lower leg, and a board fastend across the passenger part of the seat and measurements between the board and the rear axle nut. It's a minor bitch but can be done. The worst part is backing off the rear spring retainer nuts, no where in history has a sport bike come pre loaded for two couch potatoes or one whale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts