Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about switching from the tri blend Repsol to the full synthetic 10w50 Repsol. Is 10w50 ok to use all year round? Where I live in the winter it never drops below 0 and in the summer the highest temp we will see is 100 degrees (with 99% humidity :sad: ). Plus I want to hear from people who use the 4T Racing Repsol 10w50 full syn..

Thanks for your support in advance

p.s I love the search function....

·
Registered
6 Posts
MC,

I run that oil year round in FL. Never really drops below 40 in winter. Well its FL in the summer. It seems to be fine. Not sure your going to notice a huge difference between the blend and the full. Bike seems to shift a little bit better with that oil vs the kaw chem stuff.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
I use Elf Moto 4XT synthetic of the same viscosity. It's fine. Repsol isn't seen much in these parts, but it meets the required specifications.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
GoFaster said:
I use Elf Moto 4XT synthetic of the same viscosity. It's fine. Repsol isn't seen much in these parts, but it meets the required specifications.

Same here. Damn good oil. Another really good synthetic oil in standard viscosity, 10W-40, is Mobil MX4T.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts