Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since our bike cylinder head comme only with the exaust valve made in titanium I am wondering if anybody do replacement intake valve in titanium for our bike.

Just a question for a guy with car backgroud where replacement titanium valve are available but very expensive.

I do know that the MV agusta F4 312R replace de previous stainless intake valves with Del West titanium.

Just curious!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Since our bike cylinder head comme only with the exaust valve made in titanium I am wondering if anybody do replacement intake valve in titanium for our bike.

Just a question for a guy with car backgroud where replacement titanium valve are available but very expensive.

I do know that the MV agusta F4 312R replace de previous stainless intake valves with Del West titanium.

Just curious!
Yeah it probably is possible but WHY? , titanium isn't always better.
I just scanned K-Tech news, Spring 2004 Vol16, No1 , that explains why the "engineers" choose to go with steel instead of Titanium. At the same time I am sure you can get an after market titanium int valve.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it probably is possible but WHY? , titanium isn't always better.
I just scanned K-Tech news, Spring 2004 Vol16, No1 , that explains why the "engineers" choose to go with steel instead of Titanium. At the same time I am sure you can get an after market titanium int valve.
Good info thank you!

However, has far has getting titanium replacement valve from the after market world...well I did not found any anywhere.

Anybody with other info about titanium intake valve?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts