Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 08 reg/rec from eBay. Anyone know if a voltage regulator from an 08 10R will work on an 2006 10R - they all do the same job don't they?

but the 06 r/r has 2 outputs, live and ground, and the 08 r/r has 3 outs..... Live and ground I guess, what's the third?

I checked out the 08 service manual and the wiring diagram for "Charging" shows this third wire as a short tail not doing or connected to anything.

Ideas? Do I need to wire the third terminal on the 08 r/r to anything?

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
all the regulators on todays bike works on the same way,the regulators recieved the high voltage and current from the startor coil first,and then,change to a low voltage and current on the reasonable range for charging the battery.

because those high voltage and current genarated by the startor coil varies by different model bike(although the difference not that huge),so you need specific regulator match up specific bike ,but you still can put yamaha's regulator on kawasaki even.the worst results would be you fry your new regulator again,but you will not blow out your ECU for sure.

back to your question now,you dont need that third terminal,and because it's take off frome the 08 10r,it would be the best substitute for your 06 10r except the original one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts