Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience repairing wiring harnesses, especially the Gen 5? Are the connectors easily sourced? It looks to be only one connector so not too much of a chore .

I decided to take on a mammoth task of rebuilding a trashed Gen 5 and its looking pricey to replace some of these parts (new and 2nd hand) so anywhere i can repair part myself i'll be doing.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,357 Posts
Welcome.

The harness is nothing real fancy. It's just a bunch of wires bundled together neatly with the proper lengths. The connectors are standard and fairly easily sourced. Identifying which connector is needed and finding a source for it is the harder thing. This would be a good place to start on something like that. You just gotta weed through it and figure out what you need.

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome.

The harness is nothing real fancy. It's just a bunch of wires bundled together neatly with the proper lengths. The connectors are standard and fairly easily sourced. Identifying which connector is needed and finding a source for it is the harder thing. This would be a good place to start on something like that. You just gotta weed through it and figure out what you need.

Awesome!! This will help a bunch!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Sky beat me to it... I use Corsa Technic -a lot- for pins and plugs... they haven't let me down yet. I would highly recommend a de-pinning kit/tool set as well if you plan on doing more than one or two plugs in your life. You can get away with thin picks & such a on most these types of connectors, but a purpose built tool pays for itself in the end.

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sky beat me to it... I use Corsa Technic -a lot- for pins and plugs... they haven't let me down yet. I would highly recommend a de-pinning kit/tool set as well if you plan on doing more than one or two plugs in your life. You can get away with thin picks & such a on most these types of connectors, but a purpose built tool pays for itself in the end.
Thanks! I'm all for making the job a little easier. Any excuse for some new tools!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts