Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone's seen this or not but some of you might be interested:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.articles.articleCategory.article&resourceId=4664603&articleCategory=NEWS_PRODUCT-NEWS

" April 18 2006
Lose your ZX-10R cat
You can now lose the catalytic converter from your 2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R, reducing weight by almost one kilogram and gaining around nine horsepower.

The catalyst removing pipe/collector box is made by Motad, and fits easily to replace the original catalyser with a stainless steel unit complete with lamda sensor fittings. You can still fit original and aftermarket exhausts.
It has currently been tested with standard jetting, but when the appropriate Power Commander is available a specific map will be developed. The only downside is that removing the cat may affect emissions to meet road legal standards.

The Motad Catalyst Removing Pipe/Collector Box for the Kawasaki ZX10 costs £99.99. Contact: 01922-714700."

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
if i had an 06, i'd prob do that or just get a full system

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
punch out the cat

Has any one of you guys ever punch out the cat. on the 05 ZX10r?
I want to have mine done but I'm affraid it will mess up the performance.
Please let me know the result if you have the answer.
THANKS A BUNCH.........

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Yep, very easy just time consuming.

remove pipe at end of muffler, take a long chisel or punch or screwdriver and use a hammer and start in the middle and work your way outwards and punch thru it. Put the end of the can on a third cardboard or some rags to not mess the end of it up. When done shake out all of the crap.

Then look inside, there is a plate with a "X" or a "+" on it, use a hole saw or whatever you can get down there and punch it out as well. Pretty much makes it a straight thru design like a slip on.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
punch out the cat

Thanks alot for the useful info. I'll do it when my Yoshi slip on comes in an a PC later.
Again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey guys..
Does anybody know if any sponsors or USA distributers will be carrying this no cat type piece??? If so, please tell!!!!!

·
Banned
150 Posts
doesnt all the slip on's remove the cat?

i know my two bros does but i would thing they all would. or are you guys trying to keep the stock pipes and just lose the cat.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So why does the Motad have O2 sensor bungs? I just gutted my 2006 CAT and there are no O2 sensors. Are they just a UK thing?

·
Registered
384 Posts
CBRE said:
So why does the Motad have O2 sensor bungs? I just gutted my 2006 CAT and there are no O2 sensors. Are they just a UK thing?
yes

·
Registered
10 Posts
CBRE said:
Was it hard to gut the CAT and did it make it any louder? Could you nottice any difference in HP?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Last Thursday my brother's 06 did 9.61 at 144 mph, with a 1.6 60ft. His mods; gutted cat, 16t, block off plates, TRE, extended. That was first pass ever on the bike. Amazing numbers for those mods. So maybe not having the cat had something to do with it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
do UK bikes have a Cat as well as an 02 sensor? Usually either one or the other and the sensor would not be where the CAT is anyway. The bung would be for mapping the bike etc more than the 02 sensor I would imagine. But either way, cheaper to bash the cat out than but another pipe. Up to you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts