Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I took off the "NINJA" stickers off the front, no prob just used the wife's hair dryer. I kept the "ZX10R" stickers on the back so people know what they are dealing with! :thumbsup:
But if you mean the warning stickers on the swing arm and the tank...um they were gone the moment I got the bike home!
If there is any left over glue crap on the plastic just wipe it with WD/40 on a rag.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05zx10pilot said:
I took off the "NINJA" stickers off the front, no prob just used the wife's hair dryer. I kept the "ZX10R" stickers on the back so people know what they are dealing with! :thumbsup:
But if you mean the warning stickers on the swing arm and the tank...um they were gone the moment I got the bike home!
If there is any left over glue crap on the plastic just wipe it with WD/40 on a rag.
did you have to use wd-40 where the ninja stckers were?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I removed all the decals from my Ti 636. The only thing I really had to use WD40 on was the tank. That was the most stubborn decal on the thing. Everywhere else I just sprayed Plexus on it and buffed that off with a microfiber cloth. :wink:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
El Diablo said:
I removed all the decals from my Ti 636. The only thing I really had to use WD40 on was the tank. That was the most stubborn decal on the thing. Everywhere else I just sprayed Plexus on it and buffed that off with a microfiber cloth. :wink:
You taking them off the geen?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I was afraid of messing the paint, so I used a hair dryer on the decal and S1000 cleaner on the sticky stuff.

It was a lot of work!!!

I think the bike looks a lot better without the sitckers, plus the Ninja thing just is not my style.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Your basic hair dryer will work for nearly anything that doesn't have a coat of clear over it and then theres GooGone, Boogoo, plain ol paint thinner for the stickie residue left behind.

BD

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
VOL said:
did you have to use wd-40 where the ninja stckers were?
The swingarm one was the most trouble for me, I had to use WD/40 on that one the rest I just did a quick wipe down with it just in case there was some left on it that I didn't see, but they all came off clean.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
VOL said:
You taking them off the geen?
Probably just the Ninja stickers... I'll probably leave the tail section ZX-10R decals...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Same here, I took off the ninja stickers and I used a hair dryer and HONDA polish to get the adhesive off. It took a couple of minutes and just use a nice towl to wipe with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts