Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the rubber shield that goes over the valver cover and down under the throttle bodies, what is its purpose..all i see this doing is keeping heat inside.I removed it on my 636 and it ran much cooler.I'm ordering the A&A supercharger within a month or so, and i want to eleminate as much heat as i can

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,756 Posts
It's a heat shield to keep the engine heat away from the air box, gas tank and the frame. The cooler the fuel and air box stays, the better the bike will perform. The frame is used to route the ram air around the steering head that's why it should not be heated either.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Mine is long gone and their is no difference in running temp or performance. I think it was more for noise canceling.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Mine is long gone and their is no difference in running temp or performance. I think it was more for noise canceling.
I know for performance mine never seemed to make a diff. and it's been removed many years ago. It makes it so easy to remove things when servicing your bike. If you don't get under the hood as much as I do I would just leave it there but if you work on your bike alot down to the throttle bodies remove it you will love the time it saves just messing with that alone.

My only concern and was thinking about this today my bike runs really hot while sitting at traffic lights and replaced almost everything. I thought when I did the valve adjustment the bike will run cooler(no PC just a slip-on) but can tell it's going to get very hot again when we start hitting 100deg in the summer...........but the fact Quick10 said it made no diff. or running temp I will scratch that idea that's one of the problems, I am now down to the sensor itself or having really bad luck getting air bubbles out....thanks. :eek:ccasion1

bloo

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was just trying to remove the valve cover today and this stupid rubber shield infuriated me. I'm convinced there's no way to get it off without tearing the entire bike apart. I ended up ripping it off in anger.

Glad to see that I don't really need it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts